Walgreens - Walgreens Corporate screwing with employees.

463 of 677 Walgreens Reviews
Mar 16, 2012
review #305293

Walgreens is in the process of of changing job titles having employees doing the same work, cutting their pay and changing schedules. If employees don't like it QUIT. This is their main goal make People mad and quit without thinking. This is what Walgreens wants so it can pay their employees $10 an hr. No more Executive or Assistant Managers, store leaders or group leaders. Will have keys to open and close stores, same responsibilites under a new title. Employees can you say UNION-UNION-UNION. or a Civil or Class Action lawsuit. In my opinion Walgreens puts misinformation on it's web site. This is their way to single out and traget employees. The following resources are available to all employees to make sure that they have an effective way to express complaints, concerns or suggestions for improvement. Being able to listen and communicate directly with our employees makes the company stronger and able to respond to issues quickly, without the unnecessary bureaucracy and delay of a formalized grievance process.

Open Door Policy - Walgreens believes in the dignity of its employees and their right to a prompt, equitable and sympathetic review of any question or difference of opinion an employee may have concerning their work situation. Employees may take their questions or concerns to either their direct supervisor or move up through the chain of command to get resolution.

Hotline System for reporting problems and concerns in the workplace - 1-800-666-5677 to call 24 hours a day. A Loss Prevention Supervisor will promptly investigate these types of claims. UNTRUTH

85e713c
1.5
Had an experience with Walgreens?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
463 of 677 Walgreens Reviews
Evod

Aug 14

Are there any Whse people in here. The store have issues, but you have not heard anything until you hear what's happening in the DC's. There's not much left to take.

Just Saying

Aug 14

Sounds like the company has some unhappy employees.

Aug 11

I would dare anyone in district to work at their stores in the pharmacy for one month. Not as an extra but on actual workflow and complete all that is expected senior tech style. Good luck because your senior techs are not getting the job done these days. Staff cut way to much and its going to back fire soon.

Jul 14

I heard an employee in my store talking about a friend from another store having to use a ladder to get high up merchandise and stock. She was telling me that Walgreens has been told several times the ladder needs replacing. It's being held together with duck tape. If anyone falls and the ladder crumbles I wonder if Walgreens is going to sweep the entire ordeal under a rug and fire the employee. The store in question is the 24 hour store in Fort Oglethorp GA.

SFL slave-for-less

Jul 12 Madison, Wisconsin

What a crime for a wealthy company like walgreens to create the SFL position - SFL's are expected to be managers & run the store doing 99% of the work starting at the high salary of $11/hour. It's insulting & degrading to call these hard-working staff "floor leads!" They are also on-call during non-business hours when a store alarm is triggered. My manager has their cell phone off so walgreens security ends up calling one of the SFL's to come in at 3 am, thanks so much walgreens! No wonder the interviewee for a SFL position walked out the other day when they heard what was expected of them for $11/hour.
The company is a great example of modern greed & fascism!

1 1 Reply

Jul 11

OK so someone doesn't want the truth to get out. I posted a comment about DM in Chatt and it's gone. I said it's not how you do in job performance it's who you do or who's doing you. Ask BB from Chattanooga district office he knows his way around.

2 0 Reply
not telling

Aug 11

WOW laid it right out there...That's what every store in his district talks about. how funny

Aug 20

This DM BB was a married man messing around with another employee. Not sure if she got pregnant before or after the divorce but he's married to the bimbo now and proud of his new offspring. How has he kept his job when others with much smaller offences have been fired? I always known the DM of any pharmacy to be in store for inventory, not this guy. He does nothing but sit and change all of the preformance elvaluations to prevent the oldest and most dependable people from getting a bonus. BB is one POS.

Suzan

Jul 10

Go right ahead and take ALL OF YOUR CONCERNS and WORK RELATED PROBLEMS TO WALGREENS. BS just see how fast you get your walking papers. YES I agree UNION UNION UNION. Walgreens CEO has really taken the company to new LOWS.

Suzan

Jul 10

My husband is a pharmacist for Walgreens and has been for some time. He is owed so much vacation time that he'll never be able to use it all. He has requested time off and every request for vacation is declined. The DM one B B has refused to hire enough staffing to cover vacation time while he sits on his behind and does nothing to deal with the serious short staffing problems. Tech hours are cut to the point of being ridiculous and very dangerous. Is B B getting a larger bonus to cut down staffing??
The policies are in question about one of the techs that has more write ups the any ten people combined and still has her job. She has already played the sexual harassment card over a pharmacy manager she had consensual sex with and when the pharmacist refused to leave his wife and the entire affair blew up in her face, she pulled out the card. Though now married and pregnant with her second child she continues to get written up and causes a great many problems at work. Her excuse now is BUT I'M PREGNANT and don't feel good. She does NOTHING and is constantly being told to get to work but does exactly nothing. How is it that she gets away with *** that anyone else would have been fired over many times. Who does she have something on or who is she still doing? Why has Walgreens allowed this to continue??
The store my husband works in does an average of 700 scripts a day and on the 1st of the month it isn't impossible for that store to do over 1200 in one day. There is no
... Show more

Mom

Jul 18 Atlantic City, New Jersey

Walgreen is the worst place to work for. The dm changed my daughter's work location 48 away and her work schedule with out informing or asking her. She is with this company for more than 10 years. She has two babies one year apart at age. She has set up thei day care according to her current
Now how she can change kids daycare timing and days over night because her new location and hours start next day.
What a pathetic place to work for.

03412-Walgreens

Jun 04 Little Rock, Arkansas

I have been with Walgreens for 3 1/2 years. I'm a CPhT in the pharmacy. I have floated at several stores and worked at 2 other stores "permanently" in an effort to be transferred to this location in order to be closer to my home. I was only transferred when I brought it to the attention of management that my RPh manager at my original store was stalking me and acting inappropriately with patients in the immunization room (she bragged about it in texts that she sent me). Her controls were always coming up short as well, but that's another story. She is no longer with the company, and not by her own choice. I finally get transferred to the store that I wanted to be at since my start with the company, only to find a store manager that lies constantly, co-workers that are afraid to call the police on abusive and threatening customers, district managers that have PERSONALLY seen these customers in action and not addressed this issue or protected their employees and they have cut hours so drastically that we are broke and exhausted. I personally overheard one district manager tell someone in the pharmacy what we should tell the customer about the long wait times, which was a complete lie. He wanted us to lie to the customers! I'm leaving the company, by my own choice, in the next two weeks. If you want to be safe, treated like a human being and make an honest wage for your labor, then this is definitely NOT the store/company for you!

5 0 Reply

Jul 05 Winona, Minnesota

Thank you! I experienced the same thing at Walgreens, one customer actually said, after sexually harrassing me on the phone that he was coming to the store to find me. When I told my manager he didnt do anything about it. Said it was an "over reaction" I left by my own choice as well. I will never shop at another Walgreens again.

employees

Apr 28 Buffalo Grove, Illinois

I hate this company. Employees are pay capped underpaid and overworked expect the quality of service to drop. You can tell how unhappy people working there are when you shop with them. Just ask a clerk. They treat people like ***.

9 0 Reply
Retail sucks

Apr 07

I'm an ASM and I'm over worked and under paid. Getting out asap

5 0 Reply

Apr 04

My wife cannot even get her social security because Walgreens will not send the info Social Security needs so she can get her pay!!!! She has been off workman's Comp for months. She has been approved for Social Security Discibility for almost a year. This is rediculous!!! They will not even do their job so she can get her checks!!!

sick of walgreens

Apr 03

It the only company that allows a manager to remain in his store after he exposed himself and they let him stay. Walgreens is not treating there older long time employee trying to make them quit.
The demote you and cut you pay rate. If you don't like it quit that's what they want you to do.

6 0 Reply
god bless walgreens employees

Mar 12 Santa Clara, California

Yeah walgreens suck im actually working at walgreens and looking for another job the change totally my schedule I worked all past holidays while theres some people having great time getting 2 or even 3 holidays (thanksgiving xmas n new year's) hopefully I get another job asap by the way management team there lazy

4 0 Reply
happy to be gone

Mar 28

6 years ago i signed on for a salary as an mgt based on 40 regular hours and 5 overtime hours. i did not sign on for an hourly wage i signed on for salary based on above. 6 months in they took away all overtime for the mgt's which cost me about 6000.00 per year. with the new management structure i was looking at a pay cut of about 6.00 per hour or if i was one of the "fortunate ones" i would be able to "keep my pay", as my manager told me, but failed to understand that the same pay for being salary is really a cut in pay. i agree that the company wants to eliminate the majority of people in these positions and by hiring key-holders they will save a ton of money. I am very happy to say i have escaped. i wish all of you that are still stuck in these positions the best and i hope that you to will find the happiness found in leaving this unfair situation behind. It's not your fault that they lost major insurance deals and found yourself in fiscal trouble but your answer on hoow to solve the problem has cost you the people who have done all the work, and you will lose more. i think walgreens will implode from this as customer service and store conditions continue to erode. good luck to my fellow mgt's.

Showing 1-20 of 237 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Walgreens.
Filing a new complaint about
×