Walgreens Corporate screwing with employees.

Walgreens is in the process of of changing job titles having employees doing the same work, cutting their pay and changing schedules. If employees don't like it QUIT. This is their main goal make People mad and quit without thinking. This is what Walgreens wants so it can pay their employees $10 an hr. No more Executive or Assistant Managers, store leaders or group leaders. Will have keys to open and close stores, same responsibilites under a new title. Employees can you say UNION-UNION-UNION. or a Civil or Class Action lawsuit. In my opinion Walgreens puts misinformation on it's web site. This is their way to single out and traget employees. The following resources are available to all employees to make sure that they have an effective way to express complaints, concerns or suggestions for improvement. Being able to listen and communicate directly with our employees makes the company stronger and able to respond to issues quickly, without the unnecessary bureaucracy and delay of a formalized grievance process.

Open Door Policy - Walgreens believes in the dignity of its employees and their right to a prompt, equitable and sympathetic review of any question or difference of opinion an employee may have concerning their work situation. Employees may take their questions or concerns to either their direct supervisor or move up through the chain of command to get resolution.

Hotline System for reporting problems and concerns in the workplace - 1-800-666-5677 to call 24 hours a day. A Loss Prevention Supervisor will promptly investigate these types of claims. UNTRUTH

More Review Details

Helpful? 226 Yes 226 504 No 504
Had the same issue 110 Yes 110
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jan 30 #1103612

That's retail....

Jan 23 #1099532

I am the wife of a Walgreens assistant manager and man had Walgreens *** us over. I barely see my husband and on his day off guess what the fat *** store manager still makes him come in to work for free. If my husband refuses they threaten him with his promotion. It's ***! There is a *** Blizzard today with an expected 18" of snow and they're still making him come in. Great job on caring about the wellbeing of your employees Walgreens

Feb 02 #1105165

So typical of Walgreens not giving a d@mn about its workers or their well-being, which is stupid because without the people giving good customer service and keeping the shelves stocked, customers wouldn't come in and keep the stores going. I hope your husband made it through the storm ok.

Moira

Jan 20 #1098290

I've been at Walgreens for 2 years now, and I have to say I've never dealt with some of the *** I'm dealing with at my previous jobs. For one, asking someone to cover your break or lunch causes so much drama. You would think I had raped someone's dog or shot their cat! I could see if I was nasty, but every request was always polite, and I have always covered others without a problem because I like helping people (customers and coworkers alike).
Don't get me started on the lazy store manager, assistant managers and shift lead. Out of those 5, only one does any actual work, and he does way more than his share!
Training? What's that? I've seen new people get thrown onto the floor or in cosmetics with no training at all! As for the front end, you get like a couple of hours of training, and then you're on your own. I'm not talking about ppls, I'm talking about the hands-on-training that every new person has to go through.
We have 3 part-timers under 18 in a store that sells liquor and cigarettes. Yeah, that's smart.
If you come to work sick, nobody cares. If you call off, even if you only do it once a year, you get treated like ***.
Thank God I'll likely get out soon. Retail is bad no matter where you work, but some of the Walgreens managers seriously need to start managing and not let the lunatics run the asylum.

Jan 22 #1099033

I'll bet I know which store that is! You're talking bout the one in Wisconsin, right? Ha! And they say were friendly here LOL.

Jan 01 #1087079

My position as hps was taken away along with a $2 hourly paycut. New title is customer associate, yet still doing the same work and the same responsibilities as photo head specialist.I complained and was told if you don't like it quit.All this after 30 years service with great attendance,great customer service and great employee.I kept arguing with store manager and she fired me.Now they don't want to pay unemployment benefits.Walgreens used to be employee friendly m,but now all they want is to get rid of long term good employees.

1 1 Reply
Aj17x

Jan 30 #1103608

You never argue with your superiors. Your store manager was following orders.

Dec 10, 2015 #1076837

My store manager has put me on mandatory paid leave but tells me I have to use all my pto. How is this paid leave.

Dec 01, 2015 #1072441

I am sick and tired of my terrible manager Danita florez. She is grouchy moody all the time and uses a mono tone when telling us to do things. She makes all of us feel *** when we ask her questions.
Walgreens has lost family values we are forced to pick a holiday to work, in wich we are open all day. While corporate is at home enjoying their holiday.

1 1 Reply

Nov 18, 2015 #1065990

How can we form a union? It's ridiculous these practices are happening at a nationally respected corporation like Walgreens!

momof2

Nov 17, 2015 #1065490

i contacted hr about something and instead of discussing it with me the hr person took it upon herself to see out my store location and speak with my store manager. now a minor issue is turning very sour. when all i had were questions and needed a outsiders point of view.. now my hours are cut and told my request is denied and told i have 30 days to find a new store after said date or im fired and need to reapply if i wish to stay with the company.. really this is how you treat some who's been with the company for 10 years. i'm being forced to choose my job over my personal family issue's ... whats the point of offering things like "personal leave " if its impossible to actually file for ..

Sep 01, 2015 #1028066

My pharmacy manager in San Francisco treat technician like he is the king and we're ***. He likes to say "***" to us, or "a dog smarter than you". I reported to Walgreens hotline but no responds. There no respectful to other employees, he only nice to customers who is rich, but to technicians always say something bad. Don't ever trust management, they could talk something bad in Chinese about other employees, manipulate. I am trying to find other jobs which more respect to others, friendly environment.

MXGuy

Aug 31, 2015 #1027970 Los Angeles, California

LOSS PREVENTION HELPED COVER UP TIME FRAUD!!
If you know Jordan Van Kleef, don't trust her whatsoever!! She forwarned a Store Manager about a grievance regarding time fraud. Allowing the store manager to prepare the associate on what to say before Jordan's scheduled visit to the store to question the associates involved! Associate was not fired, and the Assistant Manager (now known as Shift Leads) who helped the associate perpetrate the serious grievance, also got away with it..
DON'T TRUST ASM'S or SM!!! NO ONE!!! KNOW YOUR RIGHTS AND DON'T SIGN ANYTHING!!!!!!

2 0 Reply

Aug 21, 2015 #1022986

15 years of service means nothing to Walgreens ,changing titles ,cutting pay,
devoted for 15 years to build the customer service and job Security .
now I was in form that I will lose $5 an hour pay, work 15 year to get there ,now going backwards.

9 2 Reply

Aug 26, 2015 #1025368

I'm in the exact same predicament.15 years service with $5 pay cut due to HPS position termination.

8 0 Reply
JoeMustang2008

Jun 23, 2015 #998651 Ocala, Florida

In Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico a Pharmacists PR is trying to request a transfer to Pennsylvania and the supervisor does not want to sign her transfer.

2 0 Reply

Jun 02, 2015 #990853

Completely agree I wish I have my 3 weeks vaca that I earn with all this years I put into this company to just get everything take away from you it suck I waste years of my life in this....t company and that's sad that many employees feel this way about walgreens

4 0 Reply

May 09, 2015 #981948

I wish we got our vacation and sick days back this pto is a bunch of *** don't you think your loyal long term employees deserve a vacation to where if they want to go out state for a week to see children and grandchildren because of pto I don't get right especially if i been sick and I'm forced to take a few days from doctor there goes my vacation time y'all have have good long term employees but yet y'all continue to treat us like we are dirt under your feet ....the manager assistant manager can go as they please because they are salary what about the little people under them has Walgreen become so heartless that they don't care about their employees anymore alot of us our to old to look for another job we are forced to obey by your laws please take a meeting let us have our vacation and sick days i haven't since pto started and i probably won't get to until i retire which is 20 years from now and my oldest grandson will be 28 yr old i will have missed out on birthday soccer games i think Walgreen has lost it family values i really hope this letter makes a different

11 0 Reply

Nov 27, 2015 #1070265 New York, New York

You should learn to use punctuation.

1-20 of 298 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.