Walgreens Corporate screwing with employees.

Walgreens is in the process of of changing job titles having employees doing the same work, cutting their pay and changing schedules. If employees don't like it QUIT. This is their main goal make People mad and quit without thinking. This is what Walgreens wants so it can pay their employees $10 an hr. No more Executive or Assistant Managers, store leaders or group leaders. Will have keys to open and close stores, same responsibilites under a new title. Employees can you say UNION-UNION-UNION. or a Civil or Class Action lawsuit. In my opinion Walgreens puts misinformation on it's web site. This is their way to single out and traget employees. The following resources are available to all employees to make sure that they have an effective way to express complaints, concerns or suggestions for improvement. Being able to listen and communicate directly with our employees makes the company stronger and able to respond to issues quickly, without the unnecessary bureaucracy and delay of a formalized grievance process.

Open Door Policy - Walgreens believes in the dignity of its employees and their right to a prompt, equitable and sympathetic review of any question or difference of opinion an employee may have concerning their work situation. Employees may take their questions or concerns to either their direct supervisor or move up through the chain of command to get resolution.

Hotline System for reporting problems and concerns in the workplace - 1-800-666-5677 to call 24 hours a day. A Loss Prevention Supervisor will promptly investigate these types of claims. UNTRUTH

More Review Details

Helpful? 225 Yes 225 504 No 504
Had the same issue 107 Yes 107
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 18 #1065990

How can we form a union? It's ridiculous these practices are happening at a nationally respected corporation like Walgreens!

Nov 17 #1065490

i contacted hr about something and instead of discussing it with me the hr person took it upon herself to see out my store location and speak with my store manager. now a minor issue is turning very sour. when all i had were questions and needed a outsiders point of view.. now my hours are cut and told my request is denied and told i have 30 days to find a new store after said date or im fired and need to reapply if i wish to stay with the company.. really this is how you treat some who's been with the company for 10 years. i'm being forced to choose my job over my personal family issue's ... whats the point of offering things like "personal leave " if its impossible to actually file for ..

1 0 Reply

Sep 01 #1028066

My pharmacy manager in San Francisco treat technician like he is the king and we're ***. He likes to say "***" to us, or "a dog smarter than you". I reported to Walgreens hotline but no responds. There no respectful to other employees, he only nice to customers who is rich, but to technicians always say something bad. Don't ever trust management, they could talk something bad in Chinese about other employees, manipulate. I am trying to find other jobs which more respect to others, friendly environment.

Aug 31 #1027970 Los Angeles, California

If you know Jordan Van Kleef, don't trust her whatsoever!! She forwarned a Store Manager about a grievance regarding time fraud. Allowing the store manager to prepare the associate on what to say before Jordan's scheduled visit to the store to question the associates involved! Associate was not fired, and the Assistant Manager (now known as Shift Leads) who helped the associate perpetrate the serious grievance, also got away with it..

Aug 21 #1022986

15 years of service means nothing to Walgreens ,changing titles ,cutting pay,
devoted for 15 years to build the customer service and job Security .
now I was in form that I will lose $5 an hour pay, work 15 year to get there ,now going backwards.

6 2 Reply

Aug 26 #1025368

I'm in the exact same predicament.15 years service with $5 pay cut due to HPS position termination.

7 0 Reply

Jun 23 #998651 Ocala, Florida

In Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico a Pharmacists PR is trying to request a transfer to Pennsylvania and the supervisor does not want to sign her transfer.

2 0 Reply

Jun 02 #990853

Completely agree I wish I have my 3 weeks vaca that I earn with all this years I put into this company to just get everything take away from you it suck I waste years of my life in this....t company and that's sad that many employees feel this way about walgreens

4 0 Reply

May 09 #981948

I wish we got our vacation and sick days back this pto is a bunch of *** don't you think your loyal long term employees deserve a vacation to where if they want to go out state for a week to see children and grandchildren because of pto I don't get right especially if i been sick and I'm forced to take a few days from doctor there goes my vacation time y'all have have good long term employees but yet y'all continue to treat us like we are dirt under your feet ....the manager assistant manager can go as they please because they are salary what about the little people under them has Walgreen become so heartless that they don't care about their employees anymore alot of us our to old to look for another job we are forced to obey by your laws please take a meeting let us have our vacation and sick days i haven't since pto started and i probably won't get to until i retire which is 20 years from now and my oldest grandson will be 28 yr old i will have missed out on birthday soccer games i think Walgreen has lost it family values i really hope this letter makes a different

9 0 Reply

Apr 23 #975661

I hope they fire everyone of the pharmacy people you are a sorry bunch. you treated people like trash and now your time is soon, to be unemployed I hope you try and get a job where I work.I will take all your apps. and throw them in the trash! all of you. that turned. sick and old people away will go to ***. f&&$ you!!!!!!!

0 1 Reply

May 12 #983430

You must work at walmart.

3 0 Reply

Apr 18 #973622 Nashville, Tennessee

I have been working for Walgreens 15 years and they have done me
real bad for the past year I would like to talk to a Deerfield human
resourse person.
my email janiebatey5441@att.net. This is not a good report but I
do not to go to an attorney!

2 4 Reply

Mar 24 #962946 Brooklyn, New York

Walgreens sucks! Don't bother showing up for work sick! Call out. They don't give a flying *** about us. They have this policy now that you have to use your paid time off and frozen vacation time instead of any frozen sick time you might have if you've no sick time left on the books. Then, with the paydate changing, we're getting screwed out of two days pay for two weeks. We didn't make them wait two weeks for our work yet we have to wait two weeks for working two days that they certainly don't appreciate. *** Walgreens!

5 2 Reply

Mar 28 #964791

Yes they don't care about Employees anymore never work for this company anymore,its really frustrating.

5 0 Reply

Apr 14 #971930 Tampa, Florida

They never paid us for the two days yet. When is it gonna happen.

4 0 Reply

Aug 31 #1027973 Los Angeles, California

THAT'S A LIE!!! They will mislead you to think you can't use frozen sick time. You can use frozen sick time for sick pay if you no longer have any current accurals!! SM's will lie, or are either *** and don't know. I made HR email me this policy, so I have it to back up my want to use my sick frozen. Do the same thing. DON'T TRUST ASM's or SM's!!!!! I don't want them touching my frozen vacation for sick time! It is despicable how they will mislead you!!!!

1 1 Reply

Nov 17 #1065496

in april my grandfather died and no one put in for funeral pay but used my vacation pay tried to tell me my mothers father is not immediate family

Mar 04 #954040 Denver, Colorado

Try why did walgreen change their pAydate from Friday to thursday cut 2 days of worked pay during this and tell us that they had to so that we can get paid sooner. I want those 16 hours we are are all missing up here in mn. Also why are they cutting pay from managers that have been here 10 to 20 years and capping it of at 14 dollars an hour when you *** on top aren't getting threatened, shot at or mistreated but get massive bonuses you don't deserve.

11 1 Reply

Mar 24 #962949 Brooklyn, New York

They simply don't give a *** about their employees. Walgreens couldn't care less about us!

3 0 Reply

Feb 27 #951854 Nesconset, New York

why i am not getting paid above min. wage after 5 1/2 years of service. every time min. wage goes up i loose my raise. 8.75 hr is what i make. also why does walgreens still pay men more than women, especially when men is hired well after her. i thought that was illegal, he is just a working slob just like the rest of us

5 2 Reply

1-20 of 286 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Walgreens. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Walgreens.
Filing a new complaint about