Walgreens Corporate screwing with employees.

Walgreens is in the process of of changing job titles having employees doing the same work, cutting their pay and changing schedules. If employees don't like it QUIT. This is their main goal make People mad and quit without thinking. This is what Walgreens wants so it can pay their employees $10 an hr. No more Executive or Assistant Managers, store leaders or group leaders. Will have keys to open and close stores, same responsibilites under a new title. Employees can you say UNION-UNION-UNION. or a Civil or Class Action lawsuit. In my opinion Walgreens puts misinformation on it's web site. This is their way to single out and traget employees. The following resources are available to all employees to make sure that they have an effective way to express complaints, concerns or suggestions for improvement. Being able to listen and communicate directly with our employees makes the company stronger and able to respond to issues quickly, without the unnecessary bureaucracy and delay of a formalized grievance process.

Open Door Policy - Walgreens believes in the dignity of its employees and their right to a prompt, equitable and sympathetic review of any question or difference of opinion an employee may have concerning their work situation. Employees may take their questions or concerns to either their direct supervisor or move up through the chain of command to get resolution.

Hotline System for reporting problems and concerns in the workplace - 1-800-666-5677 to call 24 hours a day. A Loss Prevention Supervisor will promptly investigate these types of claims. UNTRUTH

1098c957 review #305293
497 219 Helpful?
Had the same issue90 Comments261 Report
Had an experience with Walgreens?  Submit review about this company
ilikebirds

1 day ago Denver, Colorado

Try why did walgreen change their pAydate from Friday to thursday cut 2 days of worked pay during this and tell us that they had to so that we can get paid sooner. I want those 16 hours we are are all missing up here in mn. Also why are they cutting pay from managers that have been here 10 to 20 years and capping it of at 14 dollars an hour when you *** on top aren't getting threatened, shot at or mistreated but get massive bonuses you don't deserve.

gb

Feb 27 Nesconset, New York

why i am not getting paid above min. wage after 5 1/2 years of service. every time min. wage goes up i loose my raise. 8.75 hr is what i make. also why does walgreens still pay men more than women, especially when men is hired well after her. i thought that was illegal, he is just a working slob just like the rest of us

Jan 03

But you didn't explain to people that Walgreen has been bought by a larger corporation and they are in the middle of merging. This is actually normal process, when two corporation combine. There are lots and lots of changes. It happens in all companies that are combining. Walgreen isn't the first company that this has happen to before. I was headhunted for the corporation I work for now.I use to work for a corporation that was going through a merged with another one and I did like the ethic of the other Corporation it was merging with, but I had to make a choose. Swallow my pride and eat crow or resign from my position. But I got lucky, because a month later I got hedged from that corporation to the one I work for now. So sometime it take patience.

Shaking My Head

Jan 03

I worked for walgreens for 9 years (started as a cashier) and walked away as an ASM because of so many of things everyone here has spoken of. The verbal abuse of upper management was always the worst part for me. I don't believe that you have to "Put on your Bxxch Hat" (as I was told by a community leader more than once) to manage people. I've always been a "do as I do" manager, never asked an employee to do something I hadn't done, wouldn't help them with or wouldn't do myself. I witnessed a store manager physically attack a pregnant, pharmacy patient...over a $2 starbucks drink. He caused this woman physical harm. Of course I opened my mouth and told loss prevention about the incident, thought I was safe in it being anonymous (3 other employees and 2 customers seen it happen as well). The store manager within the week made a point to laugh and brag to me how he got spoken to and sent to anger management classes AGAIN. According to him, it was the 5th time he has gotten sent to anger management classes by walgreens for mistreatment of employees or customers and probably wouldn't be the last. I let the proper persons know about that and all they did was leave me at that store for another week and a half before they moved me to another store...but not before he started verbally abusing me in front of employees and customers with screaming curse words in my face and degrading me by asking me "Are you F-ing ***?? Jesus Chxxst!!". The store they moved me to was 48.5 miles away... Show more

Feb 07 Henderson, Nevada

same mistreatment when I worked for them....was a loyal employee, much loved by the customers because I always gave 100% good customer treatment - was fired for helping older people when Mgt refused to come to their aid...manager of store specifically told other mgt not to come when I called for help for customers!! this Mgr flat out told me they'd done so. when I applied for unemployment I was turned down as I didnt request the mgt to help the people ....explained to them I had, over and over again but because of store mgt orders - they would not....which left their customers out in the cold. still denied for unemployment even when I told the whole truth...guess no one cares one iota about decency nowadays!! what goes around comes around...I understand said person got their coming down only a coupla months later - guess God can only stomach seeing their incredibly poor treatment of others just so long Himself!!

LowlyWalgreensEmployee

Dec 15, 2014 Puyallup, Washington

I haven't worked for Walgreens that long. I started at the end of October. I applied for a Team Lead Position (a fulltime role) at $12.00 per hour. They offer me a part time (which they said would turn into full time within 2 weeks). Min. wage to start. I was told that it was mandatory to work on Christmas. No holiday pay. So far, I have had no formal training, although I have been talked down to, constantly, for not knowing how to do things. I have not been given time to do my computer based learning even. I don't see myself staying with this company very long.
Paying minimum wage to employees is one thing. Treating them with little to no respect is intolerable. Shame on Walgreens! I'd rather work for Walmart!

10 0 Reply
Susan

Oct 03, 2014 Chattanooga, Tennessee

My husband is currently a pharmacist at Walgreens. With Ebola now in this country and no way to know how many people have come in contact with anyone that came through Dallas, the number could be staggering, how many people expect a pharmacist to do health checks that bring them in contact with body fluids? Would you want to have a family member forced to do this testing? Would you as a customer at Walgreens or any other pharmacy want to be exposed to any fluid that could have been accidently left when the counter was touched? There is no way of knowing if contaminates are deposited where you put your hands. Once you touch the virus and you scratch your eyes or nose or *** YOU FINGER NAILS you are contaminated. If you have even the smallest pin *** of an opening and you touch the virus you are contaminated. Where do your children put their hands? Hand sanitizer is not going to kill this virus so don't even go there. I don't want my husband sick any more then I want to be. I don't want him to possibly spread this deadly disease and I darn sure don't want him doing health checks.

2 0 Reply
Spyro

Sep 25, 2014

I've worked for walgreens going on nine years. I make a little over $1100 a month. That's poverty level. We get *** for raises . 20 cents. We get no bonus but I bet corporate get more than 20cents raise . They also get a bonus . You don't care about your employees. We are the workforce for the company, we help the coustomers . You don't . We deal with management treating you like your *** and don't know anything. But they are wrong. And the open door policy is a lie . I have delt with them before and they told the manager I was the one who called. It was *** from then on out . This is a billon dollar company and you could care less about the people who work in the stores for you . We LIVE in poverty. But you don't care . The rich get ticher and the employees suffer for it.

19 0 Reply
disgusted

Dec 17, 2014

This is a $76 billion dollar company and the management could care less about you.
Employees are treated like nothing but an expense to be minimized on the ledger sheet.

tom

Feb 21

You are so.correct. My wife worked for Walgreens. She is seriously considering leaving because she was.scheduled by herself on Sunday. Now how *** is that. All this to cut hours and line their corporate pockets. Walgreens has no compassion for their employees. All their looking for are warm bodies and pharmacists with a valid license.

ONE goal ONE team

Sep 20, 2014

This company has taken away all the benefits sick days ,bonuses and all other perks the CEO is a *** bag but if every employee from the stores to the DCS plan a national walk out day and put pressure to have the CEO resign it can work especially with national media coverage. IF anyone knows how to star a petition on line to plan this I would be happy to sign as well as my co-workers. we are in the process of forming a union. we have the power but have to stick together even a class act laws suit for unfair labor practice ,maybe we don't win but the pressure would force this *** bag to step down.

12 0 Reply
Susan

Oct 03, 2014

I know a lot that will support you. If you post a petition on FB or privately contact pharmacists in several stores I know of we will help you. I check this sight almost daily. Reply to post above Susan Chattanooga TN. Post is about Ebola and health testing.

Jan 03

I doubt that will happen. It's still in the honeymoon period. Give it time.

01010

Sep 13, 2014 Grayslake, Illinois

walgreen is the worst company to work for. i am an sfl. the last meeting i went to. i had to seat down and listen to people from corporate telling me how i am not a manager yet i am expected to be doing manager works. that's their way of telling you that although as an sfl you doing all the managers work but the don't have no intention to pay you the decent salary that you deserve. they don't have any consideration for their employees. i went to work last night to find out that i have been transfer the next day to another store. without any notice or reason on why i have been transfer.

7 0 Reply
Dennisndodie

Sep 04, 2014 Anchorage, Alaska

I have worked for Walgreens 8 years in those 8 years I've had 10 different store managers. I started as a cashier and am now an ASM. I have gotten good yearly reviews around 3.5 until this year with a new manager a 29 yr old male,fresh out of his momma,s house. I work in Alaska and in the past couple months all the managers I've worked with have moved back to the lower 48. Giving me no chance at a good review. So I have to take a 7$ cut in pay. I gave my 2 week notice. I ask all people who read this to go to a different store. Walgreens will *** over.

9 0 Reply
r1

Sep 02, 2014

back to school...avoiding illness that may cause meningitis and death, lice control is mandatory in all school children. walgreen has new task pharmacy directors 2014 any prescription department with just one lice seen at a distance by diresctors suspension of unclean pharmacy personnel. good example for the the world who susoend directors with more than one lice if they can not see themselves. take action before you get suspended bias the rx is rid shampoo you get generic lotion by technitians bye bye lice no one really saw and bye bye job who train them to diagnose if the job is to fill doctor orders

0 7 Reply
3rd grade reading level

Sep 03, 2014 Reading, Pennsylvania

What in the he11 are you talking about?

6 0 Reply
Evod

Aug 14, 2014

Are there any Whse people in here. The store have issues, but you have not heard anything until you hear what's happening in the DC's. There's not much left to take.

Just Saying

Aug 14, 2014

Sounds like the company has some unhappy employees.

6 0 Reply

1-20 of 261 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.