Walgreens Corporate screwing with employees.

Walgreens is in the process of of changing job titles having employees doing the same work, cutting their pay and changing schedules. If employees don't like it QUIT. This is their main goal make People mad and quit without thinking. This is what Walgreens wants so it can pay their employees $10 an hr. No more Executive or Assistant Managers, store leaders or group leaders. Will have keys to open and close stores, same responsibilites under a new title. Employees can you say UNION-UNION-UNION. or a Civil or Class Action lawsuit. In my opinion Walgreens puts misinformation on it's web site. This is their way to single out and traget employees. The following resources are available to all employees to make sure that they have an effective way to express complaints, concerns or suggestions for improvement. Being able to listen and communicate directly with our employees makes the company stronger and able to respond to issues quickly, without the unnecessary bureaucracy and delay of a formalized grievance process.

Open Door Policy - Walgreens believes in the dignity of its employees and their right to a prompt, equitable and sympathetic review of any question or difference of opinion an employee may have concerning their work situation. Employees may take their questions or concerns to either their direct supervisor or move up through the chain of command to get resolution.

Hotline System for reporting problems and concerns in the workplace - 1-800-666-5677 to call 24 hours a day. A Loss Prevention Supervisor will promptly investigate these types of claims. UNTRUTH

More Review Details

Helpful? 225 Yes 225 503 No 503
Had the same issue 107 Yes 107
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

2 days ago #1028066

My pharmacy manager in San Francisco treat technician like he is the king and we're ***. He likes to say "***" to us, or "a dog smarter than you". I reported to Walgreens hotline but no responds. There no respectful to other employees, he only nice to customers who is rich, but to technicians always say something bad. Don't ever trust management, they could talk something bad in Chinese about other employees, manipulate. I am trying to find other jobs which more respect to others, friendly environment.

MXGuy

2 days ago #1027970 Los Angeles, California

LOSS PREVENTION HELPED COVER UP TIME FRAUD!!
If you know Jordan Van Kleef, don't trust her whatsoever!! She forwarned a Store Manager about a grievance regarding time fraud. Allowing the store manager to prepare the associate on what to say before Jordan's scheduled visit to the store to question the associates involved! Associate was not fired, and the Assistant Manager (now known as Shift Leads) who helped the associate perpetrate the serious grievance, also got away with it..
DON'T TRUST ASM'S or SM!!! NO ONE!!! KNOW YOUR RIGHTS AND DON'T SIGN ANYTHING!!!!!!

Aug 21 #1022986

15 years of service means nothing to Walgreens ,changing titles ,cutting pay,
devoted for 15 years to build the customer service and job Security .
now I was in form that I will lose $5 an hour pay, work 15 year to get there ,now going backwards.

1 1 Reply

Aug 26 #1025368

I'm in the exact same predicament.15 years service with $5 pay cut due to HPS position termination.

JoeMustang2008

Jun 23 #998651 Ocala, Florida

In Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico a Pharmacists PR is trying to request a transfer to Pennsylvania and the supervisor does not want to sign her transfer.

Jun 02 #990853

Completely agree I wish I have my 3 weeks vaca that I earn with all this years I put into this company to just get everything take away from you it suck I waste years of my life in this....t company and that's sad that many employees feel this way about walgreens

2 0 Reply

May 09 #981948

I wish we got our vacation and sick days back this pto is a bunch of *** don't you think your loyal long term employees deserve a vacation to where if they want to go out state for a week to see children and grandchildren because of pto I don't get right especially if i been sick and I'm forced to take a few days from doctor there goes my vacation time y'all have have good long term employees but yet y'all continue to treat us like we are dirt under your feet ....the manager assistant manager can go as they please because they are salary what about the little people under them has Walgreen become so heartless that they don't care about their employees anymore alot of us our to old to look for another job we are forced to obey by your laws please take a meeting let us have our vacation and sick days i haven't since pto started and i probably won't get to until i retire which is 20 years from now and my oldest grandson will be 28 yr old i will have missed out on birthday soccer games i think Walgreen has lost it family values i really hope this letter makes a different

5 0 Reply

Apr 23 #975661

I hope they fire everyone of the pharmacy people you are a sorry bunch. you treated people like trash and now your time is soon, to be unemployed I hope you try and get a job where I work.I will take all your apps. and throw them in the trash! all of you. that turned. sick and old people away will go to ***. f&&$ you!!!!!!!

May 12 #983430

You must work at walmart.

3 0 Reply
janieb

Apr 18 #973622 Nashville, Tennessee

I have been working for Walgreens 15 years and they have done me
real bad for the past year I would like to talk to a Deerfield human
resourse person.
my email janiebatey5441@att.net. This is not a good report but I
do not to go to an attorney!

1 3 Reply
Walgreenshater

Mar 24 #962946 Brooklyn, New York

Walgreens sucks! Don't bother showing up for work sick! Call out. They don't give a flying *** about us. They have this policy now that you have to use your paid time off and frozen vacation time instead of any frozen sick time you might have if you've no sick time left on the books. Then, with the paydate changing, we're getting screwed out of two days pay for two weeks. We didn't make them wait two weeks for our work yet we have to wait two weeks for working two days that they certainly don't appreciate. *** Walgreens!

4 2 Reply
anonymous

Mar 28 #964791

Yes they don't care about Employees anymore never work for this company anymore,its really frustrating.

4 0 Reply

Apr 14 #971930 Tampa, Florida

They never paid us for the two days yet. When is it gonna happen.

2 0 Reply
MXGuy

2 days ago #1027973 Los Angeles, California

THAT'S A LIE!!! They will mislead you to think you can't use frozen sick time. You can use frozen sick time for sick pay if you no longer have any current accurals!! SM's will lie, or are either *** and don't know. I made HR email me this policy, so I have it to back up my want to use my sick frozen. Do the same thing. DON'T TRUST ASM's or SM's!!!!! I don't want them touching my frozen vacation for sick time! It is despicable how they will mislead you!!!!

0 1 Reply
ilikebirds

Mar 04 #954040 Denver, Colorado

Try why did walgreen change their pAydate from Friday to thursday cut 2 days of worked pay during this and tell us that they had to so that we can get paid sooner. I want those 16 hours we are are all missing up here in mn. Also why are they cutting pay from managers that have been here 10 to 20 years and capping it of at 14 dollars an hour when you *** on top aren't getting threatened, shot at or mistreated but get massive bonuses you don't deserve.

5 1 Reply
Walgreenshater

Mar 24 #962949 Brooklyn, New York

They simply don't give a *** about their employees. Walgreens couldn't care less about us!

gb

Feb 27 #951854 Nesconset, New York

why i am not getting paid above min. wage after 5 1/2 years of service. every time min. wage goes up i loose my raise. 8.75 hr is what i make. also why does walgreens still pay men more than women, especially when men is hired well after her. i thought that was illegal, he is just a working slob just like the rest of us

2 2 Reply

Jan 03 #924893

But you didn't explain to people that Walgreen has been bought by a larger corporation and they are in the middle of merging. This is actually normal process, when two corporation combine. There are lots and lots of changes. It happens in all companies that are combining. Walgreen isn't the first company that this has happen to before. I was headhunted for the corporation I work for now.I use to work for a corporation that was going through a merged with another one and I did like the ethic of the other Corporation it was merging with, but I had to make a choose. Swallow my pride and eat crow or resign from my position. But I got lucky, because a month later I got hedged from that corporation to the one I work for now. So sometime it take patience.

2 1 Reply
RH

Apr 15 #972263 Los Angeles, California

The Boots Alliance merger acquisition is what is costing stores their budgets in hours. The Boots acquisition is what is causing 200 US stores to close! Instead of investing in its current stores, which are falling apart from AC ceiling leaks, neglect from lack of maintenance crew cleaning & polishing the floors. The company is putting its employees at risk! Making them take out the trash from the bathrooms which contain Biohazardous materials which pose an extremely potential health risk! I was also at a store which whose stockroom was infested with rats! So not only were the employees at risk, so were the consumers! From the rats rummaging the food, candy, & even pet bays!!! Cost cutting 1.5 billion? It is only a mirage to keep employees from fighting back, when they are slowly being pushed out of work that provides them benefits they thought they deserved..

Shaking My Head

Jan 03 #924871

I worked for walgreens for 9 years (started as a cashier) and walked away as an ASM because of so many of things everyone here has spoken of. The verbal abuse of upper management was always the worst part for me. I don't believe that you have to "Put on your Bxxch Hat" (as I was told by a community leader more than once) to manage people. I've always been a "do as I do" manager, never asked an employee to do something I hadn't done, wouldn't help them with or wouldn't do myself. I witnessed a store manager physically attack a pregnant, pharmacy patient...over a $2 starbucks drink. He caused this woman physical harm. Of course I opened my mouth and told loss prevention about the incident, thought I was safe in it being anonymous (3 other employees and 2 customers seen it happen as well). The store manager within the week made a point to laugh and brag to me how he got spoken to and sent to anger management classes AGAIN. According to him, it was the 5th time he has gotten sent to anger management classes by walgreens for mistreatment of employees or customers and probably wouldn't be the last. I let the proper persons know about that and all they did was leave me at that store for another week and a half before they moved me to another store...but not before he started verbally abusing me in front of employees and customers with screaming curse words in my face and degrading me by asking me "Are you F-ing ***?? Jesus Chxxst!!". The store they moved me to was 48.5 miles away... Show more

11 0 Reply

1-20 of 280 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.