Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Walgreens in Glendale, Arizona - Incompetent and Dangerous

This complaint is for Walgreens Store #65997th Street & Thunderbird, Phoenix, AZ. I have used this pharmacy for many years, but something has changed in the past several months: 1. On 8/29, I went to pick up a prescription for Doxycycline called in by my doctor. The paperwork in the bag said it was the antibiotic, but when I got home and went to take a pill, I discovered they had given me Levothyroxine .VERY SCARY when you can't trust your pharmacy to give you the mediation you are supposed to get!!!! 2. After asking on four separate occasions to stop autofills of prescriptions I not longer, they keep refilling them month after month. I have tried to cancel the autofills online and in person several times. 3. On 9/5, my doctor called in a prescription for Levothyroxine 125 at 11:57 am. I went to pick it up at 5:30 pm and the pharmacist said they never received the prescription. I called my doctor's office and they had receipt that the prescription had been received by Walgreens. 4. Although this is the closest pharmacy to my house, I will have to find another that I can trust.

WALGREENS HAS GOT TO BE THE WORSE PHARMACY IN EXISTENCE. I DO NOT KNOW WHY THEY HAVE NOT BEEN SHUT DOWN OR WHY SOME GOVERNMENT AGENCY THAT OVERSEES THEM DOES NOT DO SOMETHING TO END THEIR HORRIBLE WAY OF DOING BUSINESS.

1. THEY HAVE GIVEN MY SISTER THE WRONG PRESCRIPTION NUMEROUS TIMES.

2. THEY HAVE SWITCHED TO A GENERIC WITHOUT TELLING HER.

3. THEY WERE GOING TO CHARGE ME $323 FOR TWO PRESCRIPTIONS THAT I HAD FILLED AT COSTCO FOR $22.00. ( I DON'T HAVE INSURANCE)

4. THEY ALMOST NEVER HAVE THE PRESCRIPTION READY WHEN THEY SAY THEY WILL WHICH MEANS TWO TRIPS TO PICK IT UP. WE WERE TOLD TODAY THAT WE COULD ABSOLUTELY PICK IT UP AT 5:30PM AND WHEN WE GOT THERE AT 8PM THEY HAD NOT STARTED IT. HATE WALGREENS!!!!!

5. CALLED TO COMPLAIN TO THEIR CORPORATE OFFICE AND LEFT A MESSAGE TO CALL ME....OF COURSE, I NEVER HEARD FROM THEM. GO TO COSTCO...THEY ARE HONEST AND THEY DO NOT CHEAT THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Walgreens Prescription Refill
For years I used Happy Harry's here in Delaware. They were a small independent chain in Delaware. When it was Happy Harry's everything was wonderful. The prices of everything in the store were better, they always had some great deals / sales and the pharmacy was...

I am sorry to say that they do cover up their mistakes and deny these ever happened. It is impossible to deal with them and get improvements installed.

View more comments

Wailing at Walgreens

Worst customer service ever. The woman at the film counter has no regard for the customer's time. After agreeing to check me out, she left the register and started doing other things. While other customers were being waited on, I was just waiting. I had to leave without my items because the end of my lunch break was approaching. She didn't even bother to look up from her computer, let alone apologize. This was my first time in the store, and I won't go back. If you want good customer service, a nice selection and a caring, friendly staff, check out CVS in the Epicenter, instead.

Customer service is a privilege, not an entitlement. A change in attitude will do wonders for your experience.

I suppose you attempted at some point to find another cashier. Just saying. If she was the only one in the store do you honestly blame her for being overloaded?

View more comments (1)

Walgreens Not Applying Senior Gold Discounts

The Pharmacy Dept of Walgreens of Rahway, NJ are deliberating not applying the Senior Gold Discounts to the senior's prescriptions. They claim for over a year now that there is a clinch in their computer system. But they still will not manually apply it unless confronted about it.I have given them my discount id card several times of which they said they will add a special notation to apply the discount. But everytime I pick up my prescriptions I have to remind them of it. Just thing of all the seniors that do not realize their discount has not been given. SHAME on Walgreens for not given the seniors what is due them. I'm quite sure in some way this is to Walgreens advantage.

Walgreens is cutting hours/ cutting work force. They are in bad shape and this is just anther way for them to KEEP MORE money that the CUSTOMERS SHOULD have is a conspiracy MAYBE!! A year of 20,000 seniors discounts is BONUS FOR THE CEO

A pharmacy's utmost responsibility is to fill prescriptions in a safe correct manner. The last thing they are worrying about is you *** golden discount.

Priorities? Anyone?

And yes you are right it is all some grand conspiracy that makes Walgreen's millions to not apply your discount....really? Do you hear yourself?...How rediculous you sound?

View more comments (1)
  • Drug Prescriptions
First keep track of product prices displayed on the shelf and what they actually charge you at the register. Oddly or purposefully it is occasionally not the same. Ie you are charged more than advertised or displayed. How couls such a large and sophisticated...

Usually that happens because the stores have a high turnover rate, barely trained employees, and they want to get the customer out as fast as possible. They can't find your account?

Solution! Just create a new one without telling you. Some people have a landline and cell phone and forget which one they used. Punch in the wrong one, bam!

New account. It's like magic. As busy as they are, do you honestly think they will bother to train anyone or schedule time for anyone to learn these things?

I haven't met a single store employee that knew how the card system worked. I had to go online to find out anything

View more comments
  • Walgreens fraud

Walgreens in Hurst, Texas - Prescription refill

I called my humalog insulin script in for a refill about4 oclock. They said I had no refills and they would e -fax my dr. I said it may be faster for me to call the dr.for a refill. I called my dr and left msg I need insulinrefill today. The dr office called me at 6pm and called the dr at home to call pharmacy. The nurse told me to call pharmacy at 7 to pick up insulin. I gave them plenty oftime and called at 9:30pm. They said dr never called oror faxed. I had them double check and tech came back andask for dob..Then said oh you have two refills available.I dont' know why you were told you had no refills.My blood sugar spiked to over 400 because I missed myshot and the insulin was available to me for over 5 hours.I told tech I was on way to ER to get an emergencyscript and shot. She said oh sorry about that.I will be changing pharmacy's first thing tomorrow.After I talk to store manager and call corporate office.Absolutely pathetic excuse for pharmacy..

Agree! For something so serious you wait not only until your out but until 4oclock when md offices are closing!

Why on God's green earth did you wait until you were out to ask for a refill? When it comes to life saving meds you have to plan ahead.

It isn't Walgreen's fault that your blood sugar got so high. Plan ahead!

@anonymous

So when pain med patients "plan ahead", they're *** drug seeking addicts, but when an insulin patient comes in when they're out they're responsible because they should have made it much easier for the pharmacy to do their jobs? I think this is known as "having it both ways".

I agree with you on this one, at least partially - the patient is responsible for asking for the meds in a timely fashion. Even then , though, Walgreens got it wrong - she HAD a refill, they just couldn't find it.

I find it strange that the pharmacies seem to have people on this website willing to say anything to justify their poor customer service. And they all seem to think that pain patients are *** who should just 'suck it up" rather than taking their prescribed medications.

So which is it - should we plan ahead and get our prescriptions early, or wait till we're out and risk y'all taking a week to fill something? Walgreen's policy now states it may take up to 5 DAYS to fill a script, BTW, according to the sign in my local store...

Walgreens Prescription Refill
I took my family on a vacation to the Bahamas, and while there we did a lot of underwater activities. We purchased an underwater disposable camera to take pictures while snorkeling and jet skiing, etc. When we arrived home, i took the camera to Walgreens, 1741...

Life does not come with guarantees, and neither do disposable cameras.

Most reputable photo developing stores have a disclaimer posted, that informs you of the pitfalls of having a disposable camera developed, particularly an underwater camera.

The technician has to hold the camera inside of a light-proof bag, and break the camera apart, purely by feel, then extract the film and place it in a cartridge for the processing equipment.

Go the extra mile for your family and buy a professional camera for underwater shooting, or buy a waterproof enclosure for your regular camera.

Walgreens in Los Angeles, California - Medication Refused to Disabill

After 16 years of doing business I was refused my medication. I had paper work from the doctor and from the loco hospital in the area. I was told that I have to change doctors or go to the city the prescription was written. I and my wife were talked to as we were druggie. Their main reason to refuse service was our doctor was not in the same city as Walgreen. Their commercial needs to be pulled off the air. False advertizement. They are not friendly not willing to pickup a phone to verify the prescription, from doctor. After 16 years of service with Walgreen I will never step in their store ever again. Being chronically ill is a painful burden being abused because you are legally and permanently disabled is and should be illegal.On a final note Walgreen's has a responsibility to their customers to be honest they should not be over riding doctors decisions they have no right or expertise DOB 6-2-1954

if you were trying to fill a pain med, then yes you need to go to the town that you got your pain med from. why are you getting scripts from one town and filling them in a different area. are there no pharmacies where the script is from.

#719716

This is a very accurate and useful complaint. i know this to be an example of how walgreens acts.

As far as the "advertisement" you are correct! Walgreens has run an advertisement campaign for years trying to sell the consumer on it being "easy" to get your medications from ANY location, while travelling, moving, or on business trips. They do NOT practice this at any location. I also have been told that I could only fill prescriptions from the branch in the same community as my doctor was in; NOT near my own home!

im sorry someone criticized your original complaint due to spelling or a typo. It was probably someone "training" or working for the company (Walgreens).

They are far worse than can be itemized here.

I also have filled Rx's and been given 1)the wrong medication 2)the wrong labelling and information pamphlet(Rx was for antibiotic to treat pneumonia/pamphlet was for "testosterone ointment") 3)violations of controlled substances act 4)wrong medicine when Rx stated "brand name do not substitute/ I was given generic.

they are getting away with these outragious violations only due to being one of the largest pharmacy corporations.

Why don't you go to a pharmacy in the town where your doctor is located? Pharmacy rules are getting tougher.

Furthermore, what good do you think paperwork from "loco" hospital do you?

"Loco" means crazy/demented. What exactly is an "advertizement?" Did you mean "advertisement?"

Product
Walgreens Commercial
  • Walgreen pharmacy

Walgreens in Superior, Wisconsin - Horrible business practicesi

Several times now I have had Trouble with this gentleman. I cannot believe he is allowed to speak to customers they way he does.. Boy a good way to run a business, especially a larger company like this one.. I feel like I have been belittled, and someone needs to know about them is. This a Local Walgreens pharmacy here in superior WI. I think the pharmacist name is Kyle. I hate to do this to them because every other time and every other department I have had excellent service. I go to try and fill my purescription and this guy acts like I'm taking from him personally.. He actually talked down to me and made me feel Ike a drug addict fiending for more drugs!!! Oh and what I forgot to mention is this prescription is to only help me breath it isn't an inhaler that's all nothing else.... I could go on but I just my frustrations to beard a mind.
Walgreens Pharmacist

Walgreens in West Palm Beach, Florida - Terrible Pharmasy manager

My husband had to refill his insulin needles (his life depends on the insulin!)The pharmacy manager refused to submit a proper request to his insurance company and refused to give him a proper amount of needles. It happened not the first time, but the manager who worked before, corrected everything, and he didn't have any problems for years. This manager came, and the problem began again. He is very faithful to Walgreen's, didn't want to change the pharmacy. Even my husband's doctor office talked to her and explained how it has to be done properly, she refused to follow the proper procedures, insulted my husband, the store manager refused to support his customer. We never go to this store again. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody!

I immediately discredited your post from the beginning when you misspelled "pharmasy" in your title. LMAO.

Watch out everyone....we got a bright one!

P.S. The correct spelling is *PHARMACY*

I have been getting insulin syringes from different pharmacies depending on the town I was living in, and I have never needed to have a prescription for them. I buy a box at a time.

Of course I buy my insulin, etc.

at the same pharmacy.

@anonymous

Too bad. Either you don't use insulin a lot, or you have enough to pay for your supplies without insurance.

For us it is not feasible to pay a fortune for the insurance, and then another fortune for medical supplies.

Are you trying to protect the heartless person this pharmacy manager?

Walgreens Manager