San Juan, San Juan Municipio

Update by user Aug 07, 2011

In order to prevent again the occurrence of simmilar incidents toward any other customers from bad employees behavior, I recommend Walgreens managers the following actions:

* Re training of that cashiers related to the Customer Service Policy.

* Re training of that cashiers related to the Rules, Code or Norms of Conduct in the Work Area.

* Audit and monitoring periodically on a frequently basis of the behavior of that cashiers employees towards customers at random periods of time without warning them.

* Evaluate if the behavior of that employees improve during at least 6 months.

* Perform psychologic evaluations to that employees

* Perform periodic drugs and alcohol tests to that employees.

Original review posted by user Aug 06, 2011

Incident in Walgreens, Reparto Metropolitano - San Juan, PR - August 2011

Period of Time: Between 2:50 pm to 3:40 pm

Yesterday I went in company with my son and my daughter to the Walgreens store located in the Reparto Universitario mall, located in Americo Nadal Avenue of San Juan, Puerto Rico, in order to buy some things for them. My son is 4 years old and my daughter is 6 years old. After I entered Walgreens, I proceeded to buy some toys and other articles for my kids.

Minutes later and after I found all the articles that I wanted to buy, I proceeded to pay to a woman cashier located at left hand of the store and that was alone and without clients or custumers paying in her area in that moment.

When the woman cashier saw me and my kids and with no motive, she started to laugh without any control, without any respect and without any consideration to my two little kids and to me. As I approached to the woman cashier table to pay for the articles, she continued laughing with the described behavior and with a false authority and with one of her hands made me signs to go to the other cashier. That behavior created innecessary discomfort to me and to my little kids.

While I was walking to the other cashier I asked the woman cashier if there was some problem and what was the motive of their uncontrollable laughing. She told me that the other cashier was joking about me and my kids.

The other cashier was located at the right side of the store exit. That cashier was a black race man with wearing two zirconia earings, of approximately 5'-10" to 6'-0" tall, with an approximately weight of 170 pounds and plucked eyebrows.

I asked the man cashier why they were laughing and performing jokes about me and my kids. I told them that I was in company of my two little kids and that I was not a clown and that there was no motive to explain their indisciplined behavior and lack of respect towards me in the area of customer service. I requested him to stop with that behavior immediately due it was affecting me an my kids.

Due his lack of arguments or response to explain or justify their actions, the man cashier then told me in a rude actitude and violent way that I called them clowns in front of my two kids. He tryied to create a confusion about what really happened. Inmediately I told them that I did not called them clowns and that, as a client, I wanted an explanation of their behavior just in the moment in which I went to pay in the cashier areas. Due his violent attitude I thought for some seconds that the man cashier could fight physically with me. Then the man cashier told me that he had 5 years working in Walgreens and they spent 8 hours a day working in the store and that frequently they acted in that way with some customers to have fun with them. That person tryied to explain their inadequate bahavior as some rare kind of work strees relieve.

I told the man cashier that they have to take in account that an indisciplined behavior of the employees joking and with uncontrollable laughing at the moment in which a client goes to pay in the cashiers area is not acceptable in that area and could end in innecessary claims to the store. Due the actitude and behavior of the man cashier towards me and in order to protect my kids and stop and calm the rude behavior, that I felt from that Walgreens employees, I decided to shake hands with him and oriented him to modify that kind of behavior respect to the customers.

The related Walgreens employees never apologize to me and my kids. If you have cameras inside the store you can see the described inadequate behaviors of that cashiers.

After leaving the Walgreens store my kids started to ask me why that Walgreens employees acted like described previously.

Due the previous situation, I did not sleep as usual and today morning I called Mr. Rivera, Assistant Manager of that Walgreens store to explain him the incident of yesterday. That man agreed to take disciplinary action with that bad employees and apologize for that employees behavior.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Manager.

Comments

JMG

God bless you, Trevor! It is right, I did not post the racist comment. I am not a racist man and I think that all man and woman are equal under God and human eyes.

The reason why I posted the claim was a request of the Walgreens Assistant Manager (Mr. Rivera) in order that he and the other Walgreens managers can read my claim. He also verified the store cameras. I started a search to find an Internet recognized site in which I could post the claim and I found this site.

After reading the claim and after an evaluation of the cameras, Mr. Rivera called me days ago and apologized to me. That man is a gentleman. Mr. Rivera also invited me to continue visiting that Walgreens store. He took disciplinary actions with the employees but did not fired them.

For me that is the end of the issue and I am satisfied with the Assistant Manager performance.

Good point Trevor, really didn't think about that.

hopefulregret

If, as you claim in your initial post, the manager agreed to take action, why are you complaining?

Then why did you type, and I'm copying and pasting everything on page one for the rest of everyone to see:

Written by JMG on August 13, 2011

"I don't think it should matter that I called them clowns, they were looking like clowns and smelling like clowns. I should not be surprised by their behavior, blacks tend to be rude, but still my kids were scared of these cashiers and felt uncomfortable. They at least know that blacks don't know better because that is what I taught them."

Huh? Why?

JMG

Every good employee knows the Customer Satisfaction Policies and the Rules and Code of Conduct of the store in which he/she works for.

The only monster here is you that is telling continuosly lies and support bad employees behavior. STOP WITH YOUR LIES. Are you afraid that pissed customers, victims of rude or bad employees behavior, express their opinions here?

What do I know, Because I'm black I'm just look like a clown and smell like one remember?...

And you and your children (after you taught them) know that I just don't know any better?

Isn't that right JMG?

You have never once apologized or denied it after we found proof it was you.

You're a monster!

As I posted previously:

Every employee shall know the Rules, Norms or Code of Conduct of the store in which he/she is working. Also they shall know the Custormer Policy and the proper or adequate way to treat the customers. That is irrelevant or independent of the race.

Every responsible employee know about the norms and code of conduct of the store in which he/she is working for. On the other hand, if you perform a search in this site you can read about many claims of pissed customers related to rude employees behavior. Probably after you read that claims you could understand why the employees shall know about the proper customer policy and about the Code of Conducts of each site of work.

JMG

Again, Every employee shall know the Rules, Norms or Code of Conduct of the store in which he/she is working. Also they shall know the Custormer Policy and the proper or adequate way to treat the customers.

That is irrelevant or independent of the race.

On the other hand stop your innecessay personal attacks and don't lose your control. As a pissed customer I posted my claim here.

JMG

The grammar (identical comma spacing's in sentences) and the way things are worded, were exactly the same as the original review. That's what happens when you write an incredibly long review, you start to see patterns.

I hope you know the administrators can see your IP address and know that the review was completed in the same house.

You do know that... don't you?

Wait... don't tell me... one of your children did it?

You have no right to tell me that I need to be drug and alcohol tested along with psychologic evaluations just because I'm black.

How... dare... you.

JMG

I want to let you know that I did not write the first comment of August 13, 2011 that appears as JMG as the author. The security of my account here was broke and someone used my account.

If the Administrator of this site is reading this comment, please delete it. If new comments like that rise again, I will request you to close my account here.

JMG

I reported that situation to the Administrator. Now stop with your personal attacks.

JMG

I want to let you know that I did not write the first comment of August 2011 that appears as JMG as the author. The security of my account here was broke and someone used my account.

I knew if we were quiet long enough the truth would come out in the end.

You're just racist.