821 W Esplanade Ave, Kenner, LA 70065, USA
3.3

I had the same experience a week ago at a walgreens down the street from my house. My fiancée and I have shopped at walgreens for 6 years, myself much longer.

Out of the blue, while shopping for wine and some late night snacks, the cashier asks for both of our ID's. She had to go into the parking lot and into the car to get her ID so we could buy the wine. Same store same cashier.

I go to CVS now. The cashiers attitude about the whole thing left me madder than *** It's not Louisiana law, but apparently it's a new walgreens policy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Cashier.

Comments

FamiliarGreyMouseLemur

Walgreens pharmacsist will embarrass you in the store in front of other customers over the intercom and say they are calling the DEA because you are trying to buy Asthma meds. These drug warrior people are much like the witch burners, they are WAY out of hand. WHERE IS LIBERTY?????

LittleBassetHound

They are just doing their job. If your fiancée did not have proper ID it is not their fault, but hers. Grow up.

DramaticMaskedPalmCivet

Maybe the reason they were asking for ID is because you were acting like little kids? The cashier was doing her job.

Grow up. Someone with your anger issues and lack of intelligence should not be drinking anyway. OH the horror your poor fiancée had to go to the car.

Hope it did not exhaust her. I hope this experience did not traumatize her.

Cashier was absolutely right in what she did....I also can ID every person in a group when one person is buying alcohol or tobacco. I can also refuse to sell alcohol/tobacco if I believe something is not right.

The one thing that I am glad about is that you are now going to CVS. Grow up!

I love how people have such a stick up their *** when it comes to simply showing their IDs when making a purchase for alcohol or tobacco! I don’t think it’s that hard or such a big INCONVENIENCE to bring your ID in with you or simply pull it out of your pocket or wallet and hand it to the cashier!

Instead people wanna make themselves look like *** and argue with the person just doing their JOB! ITS THE LAWWWWW! If people even think you’re under the age of 40 at some places...like Walgreens...even if you sit there and argue and yell your date of birth at them..they still have the right to ID you and deny your purchase if you can’t prove it! It also has been a Walgreens policy for a while that if a party walks in and one person in that group wants to buy tobacco or liquor that you have the right to ID everyone of them to make sure you’re not trying to buy for someone under age!!

You’re an incompetent idiot if you don’t expect to be IDed in some way for buying those products! Walgreens shouldn’t have to ‘post’ it for people to see!

It should be expected! You just sound like the usual entitled *** that people working retail dread dealing with.

@***

Is this what minimum wage does to people? I didn't realize they'd get so emotional.

I expect to be ID'd. I don't expect the person that walked in the store behind me to be ID'd.

And if it's the law, why was it never enforced before? Were you written up?

@Anonymous

Since you ask this question in your reply...Why has the policy of asking for everyone's ID when someone in a group makes an alcohol purchase has not been enforced in the past, Ask the store manager that question yourself.

martinjdugas

You sound like you might have been my cashier. I say that bc I never said in my post that I had a bad attitude, just that I was madder than *** which in this case was subdued in order to be civil about the matter.

Secondly, show me where "the cashier" is right. Show me the law that states this. It is illegal to sell alcohol to individuals under the age of 21. Selling implies a buyer.

A buyer makes a purchase. After the point of transaction to a person of legal age, liability for any illegal consumption falls upon the owner of that alcohol. Legal possession and consumption also applies to underage spouses and children in the presence of a spouse or parent over the age of 21. So tell me how the cashier is "absolutely correct" when Louisiana law contradicts that.

If it's Walgreens policy, then it should be posted in public view stating "All individuals in a group regardless of the identity of the purchaser shall provide identification when purchasing alcohol." Providing that, the cashier would be correct, but still outside the requirements of the law. The only state I've been in that required ID for all parties during a purchase was Utah and they have some of the strictest laws on alcohol.

@martinjdugas

And Exactly How many customers Actually Read signs?

The cashier was absolutely correct in what was done. You are the one with the bad attitude.

martinjdugas
@An

@martinjdugas

martinjdugas…And Exactly How many customers Actually Read signs?

@Anonymous

Judging by all of the sale signs walgreens hangs up, I'm assuming enough to add one more.

@martinjdugas

Makes me happy that you are going to CVS....they have the same policy but not enforcing it....wait until the Drug and Alcohol sends someone to test them....store receives a big fine and employee can be fired.