Saint Louis, Missouri

I sent Walgreens mail service some Rxs and they were supposed to be $15 each for 90 day supply. They were all to be generic as noted on the Rxs by my doctor.

The problem is that one generic is no longer available and Walgreens sent a brand name and billed me $102. They did not notify me of the super charges. I know what they did is legal but is not very consumer friendly.

They will not take back the Rx. And their phone and email service is handled by a lot of automation and people that know nothing and are no help whatsoever.

Comments

Sometimes the doctors will write a prescription using the "generic" name even if there is no generic on the market yet and most rx pads have "may substitute..." on them but this doesn't mean that there is a generic ava. Did you check to see if a generic was EVER ava?

Perhaps the product never had a generic and the mail service simply sent the only product that they could (this could still be the case if the generic was pulled of the market for some reason).

Since it was mail order and not a walk-in pharmcy, I'm not sure what the policies are on returns. But at a store unless the store made an error or the doctor prescribed the wrong product once the rx leaves the store it cannot be returned becase according to the DEA it cannot be redispensed and must be destroyed because the product was not in a controlled environment.

Of course she is angry. I did the same thing!

I paid for it because I was in pain and didn't know any better . It was 150 dollars !

The same pills would have been 8 dollars with the Walgreens discount card I later found out about.Change Walgreens, there are better ones. And get a discount card.

you should not have paidif u didn't want it.

Anyways generic are more profitable to pharmacies, so why would they try sending branded if they could provide generic.They just tried the best possible alternate

hhoocha@msn.com

They charged me for a rx I did not order. How am I supposed to know if a generic is no longer available when I mail the rx.

The rz from the doctor says it's ok to replace with generic, meanung as we all know that it's ok to replace a brand name with a generic not the opposite. I did not pay for it and take it home it was mailed to me and I was charged for it without my consent.

They did not charge you $102 for a $15 rx. You yourself said the generic was no longer on the market.

You are taking your anger out on them for your lack of knowledge.

#241998

IF U PAID 4 IT, AND TOOK IT HOME, NO THEY WILL NOT REFUND $, Y WOULD U PAY THE $102, IF U ORDERED THE GENERIC MED.? :zzz :?