Walgreens will not fill legitemate disabled people's prescription for the one medication that helps them get up and have some kind of normal life.Walgreens has decided THEY are your DR, and know what is better for you, and that is to take a medication that will put you to sleep or make you want to commit suicide.

Sick, crippled people driving around to 30 pharmacies a day, getting in and out of their car, is CRUEL and UNUSUAL punishment for disabled people. We need coverage on this....The only way to get this repaired is to let everyone know what they are doing. They enjoyed THOUSANDS of Medicare dollars from my husband and now treat him like a sub human. I have had enough and have watched him suffer enough.

Yes, I'm mad as *** and I'm not going to take it anymore.Anybody else?????

Had an Experience with Walgreens?

Comments

It sounds like things are particularly bad for patients in Florida.I know about the "Pill Mill" scandal, but that should NOT impact the right of LEGITIMATE chronic pain patients to fill their prescriptions!

If a pharmacist isn't sure about a particular patient/medication, he or she can always call the doctor's office to verify.It should NOT be this difficult for people in severe PAIN to get their meds filled!

Hello?!Where in the complaint does she say that they don't accept her insurance.

Umm, nowhere right? I've been having the same problem with Walgreens and we just don't go there anymore and suggest others stear clear as well. I am my father in laws caretaker. Walgreens will no longer fill the prescriptions he needs and they treat him like a drug addict every time he goes in.

He won a settlement from the company that dropped a palet of Spanish tiles on his head from three stories up so he can afford to pay cash for his prescriptions but they refuse. The last visit his doctor had to call up to the pharmacy to yell at the pharmacist about his need for his prescription.

They did eventually fill it on that occasion but we haven't been back since.When you do ****** business you are going to lose customers, period.

TheLivingGumbo

To Angry - a pharmacist's job is not to just dispense what is prescribed.If that is the case then anyone off the street could just fill your prescription.

So why do pharmacists have to go to school for years, get a doctor of pharmacy degree, and have to keep up a professional license?Pharmacists have to make clinical decisions too and they have the right to refuse to fill any prescription.

Same thing just happened to me. They seem to forget their job is to dispense what has been prescribed, not decide what and if you get anything.

So... What you're saying is that if your insurance won't cover your medication, Walgreens should give it to you for free? Hmmm.

I WAS SHOT AT FIFTEEN YEARS OLD, NOW I AM 30, YET THE SAME ***, I HAVE THEIR SAVINGS CARD-THEY WONT HELP ME, I CANT BATH MYSELF&AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF TWO-I CANT WALK AT THIS TIME DUE TO NOT HAVING MY MEDICATION WHICH MAKES IT SO I AM ABLE TO WALK, YES I AM DISABLED...I TAKE A BUS TOO, THEY TOLD ME AT EVERY STORE IN BOYNTON BCH FLORIDA WHICH I HAVE WENT TO FOR MANY YEARS THAT I LOOK TOO YOUNG, I DIDNT KNOW HAVING A BULLET GO THRU MY SPINE MATTERED AT ANY AGE NOR DISABLED@ANY AGE...

*** YOU WAL-GREENS&yes my insurance pays less than 10%of cash customers, they dont give a ***&i hope they all suffer in their live since they have made mine soo much worse...

AGAIN I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR 14 YEARS..............THE BEST IS HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS, WHAT CUZ THE DEA CAUGHT THEM FILLING DRUG ADDICTS&DEALERS SCRIPTS I HAVE TO LAY IN ONE SPOT TILL I DIE WHICH ISNT FAR AWAY-AGAIN *** YOU WAL-GREENS& WISH U A DAY IN MY LIFE

#520230

Walgreens does want to give you your medicine because they WANT your money. They are not out to get you if your insurance won't pay for your prescription it is not a walgreens issue just to clear that up.