San Francisco, California
Prescription Services

At Walgreens store# 13667 (at 5280 Geary Blvd in San Francisco, CA 94118, between 16th and 17th Avenues), I ended up with the thoughtless, lazy, *** pharmacist Rimma yesterday and today (Tuesday-Wednesday, January 27-28, 2015). I paid $176.98 dollars out of my own pocket for travel medications to take before going to a third world country.

I asked for a consultation so I would know how to take them correctly. They kept we waiting indefinitely until I finally spoke up 40 minutes later asking how much longer I'd have to wait. Rimma didn't bother explaining how the pills worked, and just looked at me like "what do you want to know?" My first question was, what are these medications for? (They were to prevent malaria and typhoid.) While waiting, I had read the drug instructions, so now I had to ask her point by point about: drug interaction effects (they couldn't be taken together), how to avoid sun exposure in a sunny country (I didn't bother asking what would happen if I got sun on me), etc.

I had noticed one drug was labeled "refrigerate" but it didn't say why. It didn't feel especially cold, so I just assumed it would melt easily, since Rimma didn't warn me about it. At home I just left it at room temperature with my documents, so that I'd remember to bring it to my second travel medicine appointment the next day (not everything was available from my primary care provider the first day). During the second appointment, I was told not to use the typhoid pills because they weren't kept refrigerated so the live culture may have died, rendering it ineffective, so I should exchange them for a new batch.

I returned to Walgreens, and explained the situation to Rimma, who wouldn't exchange the pills, and then also went on to blame me for not following the directions that she never fully explained to me, even though I had asked and waited for and had a pharmaceutical consultation with her. What was the point of the consultation then? And why didn't she fix the drug safety issue that was caught before the patient started the medication?

So now I'm stuck taking medicine that may not prevent me from contracting typhoid. If I end up getting typhoid during my trip, we'll all know it's because of pharmacist Rimma at Walgreens, so thanks in advance for robbing me of my money and possibly my health and life.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Pills.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Walgreens Pros: Lab techs were professional.

Walgreens Cons: Customer service, Pharmacist was rude, Loss of time.

• Typhoid Pills