Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
2.0
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

I’m just putting my input in about these so called drug take back boxes and programs, I’ve put my old prescription in there, but only the ones the insurance paid for, they won’t pay for controlled substances, so unless they give me back my money, I won’t part with them. I know people will give them up, but people I’ve spoken too, feel the same way I do, if insurance won’t pay for narcotics, then why should I take a few and give the rest back, they’ll just sit in my medicine cabinet with all the rest of them that I’ve haven’t taken.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

What's the big deal? If you wish to not participate then don't. Quit complaining about it.This is a good way for a lot of people to properly dispose of meds.

h.kitchener

Not familiar with this program, but from your description of it, I am surprised anyone would bother to participate. Keeping your already paid-for(by whomever)prescription drugs is a wise thing to do in case you ever stop taking some and then months later have to start with them again, or someone in the family or other has a need for them.

Pills do have an expiration date, but no one can say for certainty exactly when any drug really is no longer effective.

The usual rule is that pills lose effectiveness over time, that's about it. Gotta use logic on this issue.

sandralynndavis
#1620056
@h.kitchener

One benefit of “drug take back” programs is to ensure drugs are disposed of properly. Most people dispose of old/unused drugs by putting them in the trash.

They then can get into water supplies which isn’t good. Our city does this several times a year.