Walgreens - Error Filling Prescription

Walgreens (1/22/16) My issue with Walgreens isn't complicated. On 1/16/16, I got a prescription of Tamsulosin filled at the Enumclaw, WA, Walgreens. I picked up the Tamsulosin at the pharmacy counter. I examined the contents. I found the pharmacy gave me 90 pills instead of 180 which the prescription called for.

I pointed out the error to the pharmacist himself. I had a feeling I should talk directly to the pharmacist. He checked his computer and agreed a mistake was made. He told me the prescription would be corrected.

I returned on 1/22/16 to pick up the Tamsulosin. The pharmacist told me that he gave me 180 pills on 1/18/16 and refused to give me the 90 missing pills. The store manager would not help and refused to fill the 90 missing pills.

My daughter counted how many pills I actually received on 1/16/16 and I only received 72 pills in total.

This would be a “he said / he said” situation except my caregiver was with me on 1/18/16 and heard the pharmacist admit to the original mistake. She heard him promise me he would correct the error.

This is just one example of the errors the Enumclaw Walgreens Pharmacy has made with my prescriptions. Needless to say I will be transferring my prescriptions to Chuck's Pharmacy in Buckley, WA.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Insurance Plans Acceptance
Turnaround Time

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Inaccuracy and errors all the time

Reason of review:
Order processing issue
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Drug Stores and Drugs
review #776037 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Walgreens? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 17 #1145766 Buckley, Washington

4/16/16 update - Walgreens in Enumclaw finally did give me the missing 90 pills. It took speaking with Corporate headquarters to get this situation resolved.
When I picked up the pills, my caregiver commented, "did you see how mad the store manager was?"
Yes, I could tell. He didn't speak a word to me but you could see the tension and animosity.

Jun 15 #1173365

*** yeah, charles! i will follow that up with a prompt please excuse my language! but i genuinely felt swearing was in due order to properly represent the magnitude of my happiness upon someone being determined enough to see something through entirely, especially when one has been honestly wronged.

Jun 15 #1173379 Buckley, Washington

Thank you for the kind comment. I'm a senior citizen and I really needed those pills to go to the bathroom. I'm on a fixed income so I couldn't just go out and buy replacement pills.
I think what motivated me to pursue this is the really nasty attitude I got from the pharmacist and store manager. They were less than friendly. Down right angry.
When I picked up the replacement pills, I was greeted by the store manager who did the check out. He was livid but said little to me. I could feel his anger. I thought it was my paranoia but later my caregiver who accompanied me that day commented on how angry the store manager seemed to be.
I still use Walgreens mail order pharmacy. They are always pleasant and helpful even when a mistake is made.
I'm in a wheelchair so getting the benefit of meds delivered to my mail box is a God send.
Thanx again for your message. All my best.

0 0 Reply

Apr 16 #1145747

How is it possible that you counted 90 pills in the presence of the pharmacist, but your daughter counted only 72 pills the same day? Someone's calculations are not adding up, and it isn't Walgreens ..... Just saying!

2 0 Reply

Apr 17 #1145764 Buckley, Washington

The 72 amount was a error on my part. Someone had set up my pill boxes and used some of the 90 pills to refill my medikit.
In actuality, I did receive 90 pills out of 180.

Feb 12 #1111167

wow that's totally messed up

Feb 14 #1111614

I'd like to clarify that I never had a problem with the Walgreens mail order pharmacy. Only the local Enumclaw Walgreens is a poorly run pharmacy.

0 0 Reply

Jan 30 #1103486 North Metro, Georgia

Your problem here is that you "found" the error after leaving the pharmacy counter. (You don't come right out and admit to that, but that is apparent since you state you had to "return" to have the error corrected.) You must ALWAYS check your prescription BEFORE leaving the counter, for obvious reasons. This goes for any pharmacy. No pharmacist is going to just hand over extra pills based on your word. Better luck next time.

0 3 Reply

Jan 31 #1103707 Seattle, Washington

I did not leave the counter. I looked at all the prescriptions while at the counter with the pharmacist present.

3 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Walgreens. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Walgreens.
Filing a new complaint about