Update added by user Mar 14
Finally talked to a real person and got a call from the store manager who said she'd fix it.
Original review posted by user Mar 11
At the #5093 (Dallas Beckley) store I purchased two large Hershey bars at 9:16pm on 3/11/16.The price tag on the rack was $2.99/each or "Buy/More & Save" at 2/$5.
I was charged $5.98 and not $5.00. After the purchase I noticed the overcharge and asked the cashier. He had one of the floor staff accompany me to the rack and I showed him the tag. He then said that the 2/$5 price was only for loyalty card members.
Nowhere on the display rack did it say anything about loyalty cards, just "Buy More & Save". At best, the price tag was misleading. At worst it amounts to false advertising.
To make it worse, it's impossible to enter a complaint about customer service on the walgreens.com website.
It has a form for customer feedback but no email. When I tried to use the form using both IE11 and Edge) it got to the "Store Locator" button to fill in the store I'm complaining about and when I located the store and selected it, the system went to a webpage that was unreadable and I couldn't return to the feedback form. OK, I'll call the 800 number. Whoops, customer service closed at night.
OK, go to the FAQ and see that it says to click on the "Need Help/Chat with a rep" button at the top of the webpage.
Of course, that button did not exist.This is most distressing to a long-time customer.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Insurance Plans Acceptance|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Refusal to honor price
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hersheys Bar
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
You May Also Like
- "Today I purchased a ring at the Walmart in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. It had a sale sticker on it for $98. After taking the tag off at home, I lifted the..."
- "This store has ha huge problem with customers parking where ever they want to. Complaints have been filed with the manager with no luck. Many people are angry but nothing..."
- "My polite letter to Sears Executive Customer Service Reps... Let's see if they back their consumer!! "I am writing in regards to my order - wrong item delivered, delivery 1.5 hours late..."
- " Self deception, conflicts of interest, a feeling of possible corruption, and completely abandoning moral fiber are all words I would use to describe the owners..."
- "I was just about to pay for the shipping of my free 14 day trial of Peak Life Prostate and then I read the Terms on the ordering page, you..."
- "I went to dinner in the lower Greenville area of Dallas TX and went to a birthday party after. At 2:30 AM I discovered that I was towed from the..."
- "I went for Spacedigitalx PR for my Kickstarter campaign last week. After receiving a terribly written press release, I requested my money back. They refused because they already started and..."
- "I received a "Lucky 7 Bamboo" plant from my son for my birthday. It came with a container that was 4 times the size of the plant and stones..."
- "I have bought a few items from Everbuying, and had no problems. I bought a cheap tablet and a couple of case covers for my cellphones, and that was it...."