The Walgreens Store #03471 in Clearwater, FL has been having problems with their debit machines (up to and including it not working) for some time now. Today (and this isn't the first time this happened), I made a purchase with my debit card and when prompted for cash back, I said "none." The thing claimed that I had pressed $10 cash back and WITHOUT ANY FORM OF CONFIRMATION rang it through (plus, I'm sure, a hefty service fee).

The lady practically pushed the money into my hands and told me that they had no way of putting it back on my card. She was pretty rude about it and seemed to just want me out of the store. There has to be some sort of recourse for this to make sure it doesn't happen again. They're dipping into my account and falsifying my consent over it.

At best, it's inconvenient. At worst, this could cost me money in fees, and I don't have that kind of money to spare.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

We don't charge a fee for cash back. Don't try to spread lies about us.

Advice : use cash in the first place. I suppose debit cards are convenient, but you've seen a tiny part of what can happen.