Bullhead City, Arizona

November 9th, 2015, Monday.

I dropped off my prescript at around 4-4:30pm at the drive up. I asked the young lady at the window, "Do you have this medication in stock"? It was the generic for Oxycontin=morphine sulfate, I take the 30 mg extended release pills. She said yes and that it would be around 2 hours to fill I said fine. Returned to pharmacy around 6-6:30 picked up script and went home. Later that night I took 1 dose and watched some TV and went to bed. In the morning I opened the bottle to take my morning dose and it was then I realized that this bottle doesn't feel heavy enough to have 60, then 59 pills in it. So I poured them out onto the counter and said to myself this is NOT right. I got in the car went back to Walgreen's drive up and the lady at the window told me to come back in the morning between 7am to 3pm and talk to the "Head" Pharmacist, so I did and he more or less told me that all his numbers add up and then he walked away. I was a victim of theft at Walgreen's in Bullhead City, Arizona~~there's a thief working there!. I called there corporate office spoke to their Rep and I'm planning to call my insurance and let them know they were over charged for my prescription and see what happens there. I went through ***!! I've taken this medication for 10 years so when I no longer had any to take I went through with-drawls: shivering,

sweating, nausea, vomiting,sleeplessness, it was horrible. My daughter took pity on me and gave me some of her medication, we take the same thing, because she couldn't stand to see me in so much pain. All I know is I wish I could sue the *** out of them or get something for my pain and suffering~~not gunna happen! I'm NEVER going back to Walgreen's and if you are reading this it may be just a matter of time that you take a narcotic pain medication you CAN too become a victim.

Beware, if you continue to use Walgreen's count your medication before you leave the store

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Pills.

Comments

It's illegal to give someone a narcotic that was not prescribed to them. You may want to let your daughter know that.

annie_angel58

Oops, thanks for the info.

Always check your narcotics before leaving the counter. Some people actually literally count them out.

I've heard many stories about pill shortages and they will give you every excuse in the book including accusing you of fraud. Always check, it's not worth the withdrawal.

annie_angel58
to Anonymous Bullhead City, Arizona, United States #1075629

I may do that if I can bring myself to return to Walgreen's

The generic for Oxycontin is not morphine FYI.