Vancouver, Washington
2.3
Turnaround Time

First, after having one of the worst customer service experiences I've had in years with Jenny in Photo at the SE Commercial Walgreen's in Salem, Oregon (she sneered and ignored me and condescended me and kept saying the same unhelpful thing over and over until I just walked away -- and then at the front check out the friendly cashier offered that she had overheard that I was getting what I needed and could she help - and then, Jenny walks up to the front and gets in my face again - repeating the same waste of time nonsense as before - I walk away and watch Jenny turn and make a face at my back - in front of my eight year-old. My son says "If they treat people like that, who would want to come into this store?") - so I call customer service 1-800 to file a complaint and after waiting on hold 10 minutes I ask Katie how I can file a complaint - I told her I want to file official complaint with store and plan to post online.

Katie at 1-800 customer service then told me she wouldn't help me if I was going to file an online complaint for the public as well. Three times I asked her to start taking the information for the complaint about Jenny and three times Katie told me "it wasn't going to work" if I also planned to post my complaint on a public site. I asked Katie if she was refusing to file my complaint and Katie said "I'm just offering you my opinion that I don't think it's helpful to file public complaints." I asked Katie to stop telling me what to do and continue with filing my complaint and she wanted to argue and tell me she wasn't telling me what to do. At that point I asked for Katie's supervisor and you can imagine how her attitude was after that.

She told me her supervisor's name was Beebe but she couldn't give me a phone number for her and the rest won't surprise anyone. Katie must be given bonuses for how many customers she drives away from filing complaints at all.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Customer Care.

Reason of review: Bullied by store staff and then bullied by 1-800 staff.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

Ridgeland, Mississippi, United States #1175987

Why would anyone say that you are in the wrong. I agree with Vancouver.

Probably a Walgreens employee who made that nasty comment. They never told me not to make an online complaint

Ridgeland, Mississippi, United States #1175985

I called and reported but didn't tell them I was doing online complaint. Headquarters in Alabama treated me nicely and said someone would call me back in the next two days.

I will keep on making online complaints.

I'm not stopping here. They are insane.

I think she was implying that attempting to resolve your complaint would be futile if you would just continue complaining regardless, ie, nothing she could do would possibly satisfy you if you were already set on complaining to higher levels, so why should she bother? And I for one do not blame her! Sounds like the one with the attitude here is YOU!

to Anonymous #1174125

(From the poster) Yikes! Would love to know where any attitude is.

Unclear where there's attitude in asking the person who answers the 1-800 number designated to take customer complaints to actually take a customer complaint. The Walgreen's website said if you want to file a complaint call that number - so I did. But the woman told me first I had to promise not to post any online public complaints. I fear you're missing my point - a business cannot extract a promise from a customer to forego their First Amendment rights to post on a public platform before the business will solve their concerns.

There's no attitude in that - I fear people who roam the world with responses like yours - if you treat inhumanity with more inhumanity - we all turn into unlikeable people.

People always ask me for parenting advice because my son is so well-behaved and polite and caring - strangers in restaurants and coffee shops tell me they watch him and are amazed at what a respectful child he is. It's because he is being raised in a family where people treat each other respectfully - if you think asking for human respect is attitude, then that's really sad.