State: Florida City: Miami Product: Walgreens Prescription Refill Clear all filters (6 of 434 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Walgreens in Miami, Florida - Pharmacy less than stellar

The saga continues...the Miami Shores Walgreens has done it again, ticking me off to the point where I'm changing pharmacies at the beginning of the year (when we start with our new health insurance company). The problem this time: refilling my husband's prescription, rather than mine. Here's the rundown... NEW PRESCRIPTION: Day 1 - My husband's doctor's office sends new prescription to Walgreens via their computerized system. Gives husband a coupon for medicine because many insurance carriers don't cover it. Day 2 - No word from Walgreens. Husband calls to check on new Rx. Is told that they do not have any Rx on file for him. Husband calls doctor's office; they say they will call Walgreens. Doc's office calls back to tell us Walgreens has the Rx, but not the medicine. It's on order. Will be in tomorrow. Day 3 - Automated call from Walgreens that Rx is ready. Husband goes to pick up Rx in the evening. Coupon not honored because pharmacist says it's only good for first two refills, not the original Rx. Husband pays over $200 for Rx. REFILL #1: 5 Days before Rx runs out - Husband calls doc's office for refill, since refills must be doctor approved. Doc's office calls Walgreens to refill the Rx. 4 Days before Rx runs out - No word from Walgreens. Husband calls Walgreens and is told they don't have any Rx on file. Husband calls doc's office back; doc's office calls Walgreens; Walgreens calls husband and tells him they will order the medicine. It will be in tomorrow. 3 Days before Rx runs out - No word from Walgreens. I call them and am told the medicine is due in next day. 2 Days before Rx runs out - Walgreens calls in a.m. to say Rx is ready. I go in the evening to pick up first refill, take coupon with me. Pharm Tech tells me they only have a partial refill (12 pills - he takes 4 per day), and the rest is on order. I ask about the coupon and she gets confused. Goes to pharmacist to ask. He asks if she checked the shelf for the medicine. Shelf is checked. Bottle of medicine is there and had been opened to take out the 12 pills that the system said they had. Pharmacist gets frustrated that someone would open a bottle, take out 12 pills, then not update the system. Fills Rx, honors coupon. REFILL #2: 5 Days before Rx runs out - Husband calls doc's office for refill. Doc's office calls Walgreens. 4 Days before Rx runs out - Walgreens leaves message that only a partial refill is ready. Husband calls Walgreens and is told the rest of the Rx is on order and will be there tomorrow. He says he'll wait to pick up entire Rx. 3 Days before Rx runs out - Husband calls Walgreens to check and is told Rx is not ready. 2 Days before Rx runs out - Husband calls Walgreens to check and is told Rx is still not ready. 1 Day before Rx runs out - Husband goes to Walgreens to pick up partial (12 pills; 3 days' worth), and again asks about the remainder. He is told that they have to order it. He says that's what you told me 3 days ago. They said they got some in, but it went to a customer whose insurance company covered the medication. WTF? Husband tells them to get the Rx ASAP for him - he's paying cash, after all. They do not honor coupon on a partial refill, but will honor it when the rest comes in. Day 1 after 1st refill runs out - No word from Walgreens Day 2 after 1st refill runs out - No word from Walgreens Day 3 after 1st refill runs out - Walgreens calls, the Rx is ready. I go to pick it up. They tell me the coupon is only good for the first two Rx. When I tell them we were told it was for the first two refills, not the first Rx and first refill, they tell me I'm wrong. I pay cash (over $200) and leave. So much frustration just to get medications that our doctors have requested that we take. I give up.
Walgreens Prescription Refill
Cons
  • Wait time and pharmacy staff
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Just letting Walgreens know there is a lack of consistency in the Pharmacy department.
3.4
Walgreens - Prescription Refill Review from Miami, Florida
bad services at walgrens farmacy, two weeks for pickup up my prescriptions,not proscesing my prescriptions at time , dont havent medicines at farmacy and pick up a other farmacy to far

farmacy

Order processing issue

2.0
Im a, very dissapointed customer with Walgreens, today I drooped my prescription at the 49th street in hialeah, after 3 hours I showed up to pick up my presentation the 24 hrs service is closed, they tranfered my prescription to the palm avenue location , 6pm the pharmacist asks me to come back in an hour, I showed up at 9pm and the prescription was not ready, at the drive thru an employee that is out of the clock waiting for a prescription herself threatened me of calling the police, if I don't move from the drive thru, the lack of communication, disrespect, no customer service, and the worse is that is alteady midnite sbd I dont have my medication, I visited the ER today and I need of that medication, if anything should happen to me , I will legally proceed on this careless incompetent service from walgreens
Poor customer service

Walgreens in Miami, Florida - Another Pharmacy problem at the same store

My daughter's pediatrician sent prescriptions to the Walgreens pharmacy at 2 p.m. today. At 4:55, I got an automated call that the prescriptions that were supposed to be ready at 3:51 p.m. were delayed, Walgreens was working on it, and I didn't have to do anything. From past experience, I called the store anyway. The automated response was that they were working on the prescriptions and I didn't have to do anything. I asked for the pharmacy anyway. Good thing. One of the two prescriptions was out of stock, had been ordered, but would not be available until the next business day - Monday. I immediately called the doctor's office and they called the Rx in to CVS. My 11-year-old daughter has bronchitis. This is the second round of antibiotics in two weeks. She is coughing so bad at night that she wakes up. There are dark circles under her eyes because she can't sleep comfortably. And Walgreens is out of the cough syrup that will ease her symptoms. Hello, Walgreens? Bronchitis is spreading all over town, at least according to my pediatrician. And you're out of the medicine? When you run low, do you not order more? This happened two weeks ago with not one, but two other meds that were for me, and they are meds I take monthly. At least I called my refills in early and didn't run out. But this is for my daughter, who doesn't understand how a pharmacy can run out of a medication and not reorder it in time. I'm wondering that myself. CVS, prepare to get all my business from now on, even if you are located farther away.

Look at you blaming a store for running out of medication....this type of stuff always happens at stores. Chances are the same thing will happen at CVS from time to time, ***.

MattD78

Retailers run out of things because it is not always easy to anticipate demand. Maybe they had 20 bottles on the shelf earlier that morning and other people came in and bought them because as you said bronchitis is spreading all over town.

Maybe they are having problems getting more supply because every pharmacy in town is ordering because of the disease spreading. There are a myriad of reasons a store runs out of something and it's not always their fault/in their control.

Working in a pharmacy we can appreciate that you call ahead of time for your prescriptions instead of last minute. As far as your daughter I don't know which cough medicine your talking about but I know there was a shortage on one and that cannot be controlled. Sorry you had a bad experience and I hope that CVS can live up to your needs.

View more comments (2)
Walgreens Prescription Refill
Cons
  • Delay in filling prescriptions
  • Rude pharmacy service
Order processing issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • treatment delay

Walgreens in Miami, Florida - Lie to me again please

Was going on vacation to another state, asked to have my prescription filled 3 days early. Used the online refill and everything went through, came in and pharmacist said he'd give it to me in 2 days unless my doctor called and said it was OK. This is a Friday at 430pm. I call my doctor, they're kind enough to call the pharmacy. However, my doctor called me back and said that the pharmacist didn't feel comfortable filling it. If it's too early, don't fill it and then enter into the computer it's ready to be picked up. If you don't want to fill it early don't say I can have my doctor call and then when they do, tell them "you're not comfortable." I understand for some drugs it can be bad for the pharmacy or pharmacist, but this was a sleep aid that's a C4. Seriously, grow a pair you heartless, lying, little girl.

Walgreens shorts you medication

My husband and I both fill prescriptions with Walgreens at 5701 NW 183RD ST Hialeah FL 33015 each month. Neither of us have medical insurance & between the both of us, we spend well over $500.00 on our meds, so as you could imagine we dont have room for the world's largest pharmacy to short us anything. My husband's meds are the most expensive so we usually fill his in 2-week increments. I noticed on 8/11/12 while dividing his meds up for the week he was short 8 Diovan & one Labetalol. We went back and the assistant gave us a hard time and told my husband and I we would have to wait while they investigate. I told them I would not wait after already being inconvenienced by having to drive back again to fix their mistake. The pharmacists finally fixed the mistake. My husband picked up my prescription 9/1/12, I counted before I took them and instead of 30 there were 29 in one bottle. COUNT YOUR MEDICATION BEFORE YOU LEAVE even if it inconveniences them. Just imagine if they fill 10,000 prescriptions a day and shorts each customer 1 pill, how much money do they earn by a "simple oversight". In the end we loose.

Walgreens shorted my wife on her Vicodin by having 1/4 of a pill included in the bottle. im pretty sure the pharmacist saw that because it was at the top of the bottle.

she didn't complain because it was for a procedure and she didn't plan to use them all anyway. Just because someone has credentials and are hired to do a job;doesn't make them a trustworthy person.

Odds our you misplaced your meds. You sound disorganized and entitled.

Your common sense is already dubious that neither of you have insurance yet get brand name medications. Also, pharmacies don't mess up by 8 tablets. Multiple of 5 maybe, 1 maybe, 30 instead of 90 (Becausethey are used to doing 30) maybe, but with as many quantity errors as you are blaming them for I have a feeling its just on you and youare too busy crying to keep track of your medicine on your own. Not to mention, go get insurance or get cheaper meds.

There are so many options. I'd tell you but you need to earn it.

And you really think they do this on purpose? People can make mistakes.

You complain about what the meds for two people cost. When my Dad was alive his meds for him alone were $600.00.

View more comments (3)