State: Florida City: Tampa Product: Walgreens Pharmacist Clear all filters (4 of 245 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Went to a Walgreens pharmacy and the pharmacist refused to fill my pain med prescription because "She" didn't "Know" the Dr. Said she was "uncomfortable" filling my prescription. She couldn't and wouldn't tell me why she was uncomfortable. Maybe because...

Call 1-800-WALGREENS - 1-800-925-4733 and report the incident. If you have a legitimate prescription and a pharmacy refuses to fill the prescription for whatever reason, they are depriving you of your medical needs. Sounds like Walgreens is hiring ignorant inbred hags like LadyScot.

Walgreens Pharmacist
Just about 2 years ago I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondilytis, and began receiving pain medication to help me through the night and through my days at work. Inactivity makes the pain unbearable, I am an attorney, so naturally, I spend long hours sitting at a...

I have been filling my pain meds at the same RiteAid for 7 years. In that time, I have NEVER "lost my RX, Dr Shopped, or acted shady in any way." I understand the bad rap pain meds and their patients get, so I was always aware and kept things above board.

I know how the world works, and didn't want to give anyone any reason to deny me..

The next time I dropped of my Rx s for refill, a pharmacist (not the head one) told me that they weren't going to refill after this.. I wasn't given much of a reason except that it was her call. Since this pharmacy had my records for the last 7 years, I knew going to another pharmacy with sched 2 Rx's , would be difficult..

As you know , pharmacies don't like filling these meds anymore to unknown patients. Not wanting to be stuck next month, I went to several chain and mom and pop locations. They all gave me the same answer. They weren't taking any new patients for sched2.

The next month came, and I decided to try again, and maybe find out why they won't fill anymore. Surprisingly, the head pharmacist was working, she said no problem come back in 30 min.. I returned and picked my order up no prob. I asked why I was told otherwise, and she said DEA was cracking down , corporate making changes,...

blah blah blah, but she has known me for a long time , and I'm not one of the customers that they are cutting off.

I was relieved.

Until the next month. The orig pharmacist was on duty, and refused to refill.. I told her no one else in a 2 hour radius will take my Rx's .

And I was stuck.

She ultimately told me it was her call and she refused . Not wanting to look like a junkie , I pulled her aside to find out why, and to plead my case quietly. Basically she said she heard that My Dr (himself, not a staffer!), lied to another pharmacist , and she heard he was in big trouble with the DEA ( or someone similar) . Shocked , I went online and looked up the major complaint board for Drs in my state.

NOTHING.. Not a peep. No complaints , no investigations . I waited til the next day, and had the head pharmacist refill.

I told her my situation, and she agreed it was wrong, but since it's the pharmacists name on the line, they do have the right to refuse . So even though it was rumors , or heresay, she decided to be judge and jury with my meds. Since then I explained to my dr my problems refilling .. Now I have to deal with mail order place .

But at least they handle my Rx's no problem . And are professional . I later found out that my 3 sched2 Rx's cost my ins @ $3700 a month. I am extremely happy that Rite Aid lost my business they have had for the last 7 yrs.

I am also in the process of switching my other Rx's over to the mail pharm.

I don't get the personal service I did with Rite Aid, but I don't get the looks and hassles anymore either when I try to refill. Thanks for listening.

Loss
Tags
  • Pharmacology

Walgreens pharmacist, store manager are terrible

I have been dealing with the Walgreens pharmacy at Belcher Road and Nursery Road in Clearwater, Florida for several months and every time I go there the pharmacist, store manager and staff are rude and nasty. I will never shop at Walgreens again and I will take all my business to CVS from now on. I have one prescription that I get filled there it is an over the counter product Hemax and they never have the prescription ready, they are rude and very slow. I have the prescription on auto renew and it is never filled properly. One time I called the renewal into the pharmacy at this store and the prescription was sent to Tampa. Horrible, horrible store.

From Walgreens to CVS, good luck with that...from the frying pan into the fire. Rude & slow...Oh god, your pharmacist should ask if you want fries with your order.

Anonymous, how long do you wait to see your doctor? How come you don't give your pharmacist the same respect? Did you know rushing your pharmacist can kill you? Do you know drugs are "prescriptions" and prescriptions can't be taken to the candy store?

If pharmacy personnel didn't have to put up with people like you, with your rush in and out mentality all day long, maybe they wouldn't be so rude. Your prescriptions are never properly filled because you have a burger joint mentality, and so do the chain drug stores you frequent.

Find a good independent, if the chains haven't closed them all up, and give up the fries and shake for some good, old fashioned service. If you're not willing to do that, take your medicine, even if it's a bitter pill to swallow.

Walgreens Pharmacist
I know a local walgreens store hired a girl who wasnt even qualified as a pharmacist or tech to work in their pharmacy... Turns out she been swipping pills in small quantities at a time and selling them to her family and friends. How *** is their inventory that they...

in florida you must be registered with the board of health as a tech (with like 1500hr or something experience and/or PTCB certification)

and in walgreens you're SUPPOSED to have both ptcb cert and state registration to work in the pharmacy

although i know a few stores that allow people just to register with the state...(without certification) throw them in the pharmacy and make them work, but dont code them as a tech so they can pay them as a floor associate

the state registration is the only legal qualification so its basically a loophole to underpay pharmacy techs