Beverly Hills, Florida
3.4
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

I am disabled and do not drive. Because of the new Homeland Security laws regarding identity and women having to prove name changes from birth until present I have not been able to renew my ID.

I had been filling a prescription for a controlled substance at the same Walgreens for at least six months. I took my prescription there on a Friday afternoon after my doctor's visit and the pharmacist on duty refused to fill it because I had an expired ID which she stated was invalid. I told her to check her records and that I had been filling the prescription with the same ID for months. She said that it was her license and she would not jeopardize it by filling a prescription for someone with an invalid ID.

She said she would call the pain doctor's office but of course it was closed that late on a Friday. I told her I could not be without medication until Monday when the office reopened. She said that was not her problem and walked away from the window.

No other pharmacy had this particular medication in stock and told me that I could be flagged in the DEA registry for trying to fill it at multiple pharmacies. Needless to say I spent the weekend in extreme pain and on Monday found a pharmacy who would fill the prescription without me having an ID as long as a member of my household with the same address showed their ID

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walgreens Pros: Most employees courteous, Store location convenient.

Walgreens Cons: No corporate accountability.

• Pain Patients
  • Unfeeling Pharmacist

Comments

TLDR;

Walgreens is a business and not a charity, they didn't give me my drugs because they were more interested in keeping their job.