Downers Grove, Illinois

October 4, 2014, I went to Walgreen's, Downers Grove, IL to receive a tetanus shot. I received the wrong shot and was given a flu shot in error.

Hana Malik,APN, administered the wrong vaccination and never apologized to me. She said her manager would call me later that day or on Monday to follow up with me. Angela Bower her manager never called me back until I filed a complaint with the Walgreen's Executive Assistant. In addition, Walgreen's submitted the claim to my health care provider for the wrong vaccination.

My advice be extremely careful when using Walgreen's Healthcare Clinic. These people don't care about their patients or instituting safe practices in administering vaccinations.

To never call me back was unconscionable and indicated to me their lack of concern. Please consider using another immediate care facility for vaccinations!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Manager.

Reason of review: Received wrong vaccine!.

Preferred solution: Reimbursement for time spent recovering from flu shot given in error. I would like $5000 to cover my time spent in bed unable to care for my family the entire week after receiving flu shot..

Walgreens Cons: Wrong vaccination.

Comments

Croton, Ohio, United States #1353729

Something is not right here. Not all the facts are given.

Why do you want that much money? Wow if I was paid 5000 a week to take care of my family I'd be rich.

terrible did you report this to ISMP National Vaccine Errors Reporting Program!! You need to report this.

to Anonymous #902132

no they wont because it didnt happen. if it did they think they'll sue and get money for "emotional distress". lol the manager probably didnt "call back" because the op was ridiculous.