1.1
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

On September 06, 2017, I purchased a green dot vista card ($190.28 included fees) from Walgreens. When I try to activate the card the same day, I could not.

I called the green dot number on the back of the card and was told that the card was blocked ( no other explanation given) and it would take two to three weeks to get my money. Unacceptable. I went back to Walgreens and asked for a refund on the none usable card, I was told I could not get a refund, when I requested to speak with a manager, I was told, no one was available. Unbelievable!

I went home, called the Walgreens number on my receipt and was able to talk with a manager named Art. I told him my issue, he promise to get back to me within an hour. I had to call walgreens back. I was told by the manager Art, that he had spoke with walgreens corporate office and was told there was nothing they could not refund my money back.

I am sure I am not the only customer who have ran into this big problem. I gave Walgreens my money, whatever problems or issues green dot and Walgreens is having should not be affect the consumers. The manager had the nerves to tell me his sad story, how he would get fired if he would to refund my money back.

What about me, I work two jobs and I am a student. I purchased that card to pay a debit, now I am going to be charged with late fees.

Product or Service Mentioned: Green Dot Corporation Prepaid Card.

Reason of review: fraudster credit cards.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walgreens Cons: Lack of customer value and.

Comments

Your issue is with Green Dot...not Walgreens. The money does not go to Walgreens it goes to Green Dot.

On every electronic card the customer is told by Walgreens that the card is non-refundable once it is loaded.

Again, NOT Walgreens fault. Learn to listen and read the cards.

No retail business who sells Green Dot or any Prepaid Money Cards will refund you once the transaction is completed. I mean, even Green Dot states on their cards to not return them at the store.

Green Dot and retail businesses alike are very strict on these matters because money laundering is a serious and real thing among other types of fraudulent issues. All of which can hurt them on a federal level. In addition, you'll find that gift cards and phone cards are nonrefundable in many places as well.

Note: Any electronic card you pay for is at your own risk. It's why I avoid purchasing them altogether.

MattD78

Sorry to hear that, hope you get your money back quickly. What's the point of giving customers a receipt with a gift card purchase if you can't return it (obviously not the case if it's been used).

I have never seen a store fail to give a refund for a bad GC and again really hope you get some resolution asap. Also good to know I will not be using Green Dot since I tried to go on their website to see if they had any answers and the Help/FAQ section is totally useless.