Phoenix, Arizona
2.5

I attempted to fill a prescription at the Walgreens on Signal Butte & Baseline in Mesa, AZ 85209. The pharmacist advised that we needed a pre-approval for the prescription even though he had a prior approval from my previous insurance co.

The pharmacist was rude, unprofessional and advised me never to bring a prescription to "his" pharmacy again.

I have been using this Walgreens for our several years, however, I will never step foot in that store again until his unprofessional behavior is addressed. He is an "***".

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Walgreens Cons: Pharmacist.

Comments

Prior approval Is required by insurance company not the pharmacy. Walgreens can't get paid for dispensing medication without approval first.

Sorry the pharmacist was rude. But not his fault your new insurance required a prior authorization

Not_the_0P
to Anonymous Benicia, California, United States #1158213

I wonder if the pharmacist was rude or if he is mistaking being told "no" as rude. I wonder how much he is leaving out when posting the complaint.