Sugar Land, Texas

Something is definitely wrong with the bread! I purchased white bread from a local Walgreens.

Upon returning home and opening the bread, it had this strange and different smell. When I normally open a package of bread (different brand), I don't notice a smell, so it was very unusual that when I opened the Hostess package for it to have a strange smell. I probably shouldn't have even eaten any, but I thought maybe this is just the way Hostess Bread tastes. Later, the more I started thinking about it, I thought bread should not smell like this.

It almost has a chemical like smell. A smell that let's you know you should not be consuming it or something may be terribly wrong with it.

On top of that, it has a very large shelf life. The date is July 16th and the bread doesn't expire until August 10th.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hostess Brands Bread.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Lyndhurst, New Jersey, United States #1195200

I just purchased hostess bread from our local walgreens in NJ and experienced the same chemical smell. The whole shelf smelled strange, but I bought it anyway.

The bread itself smelled that way, almost like bug spray or something.

I feel like my daughter and I shouldn't have eaten it, but we ran out to specifically grab bread because she was starving for a sandwich. I hope we are ok!