3.4
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

Update by user Feb 15

Update:I feel better having spoke to the Pharmacy Manager.Regarding the dates, the computer counted back 2 day from the end of the month and doesn’t take in to account months with 31 days! So yes, it was the 28th day but the system does not recognize inconvenience!Basically, this all could have been avoided with some much needed customer service skills by the Pharmacist I dealt with.

She should have informed me on the initial call I made the night before I went to the pharmacy. She told me no, but didn’t explain why. I just knew I was correct and was told no again when I went by to pick up my other script with no explanation!I just didn’t know why I was being forced to come back again and took it as rudeness/discrimination which is why I go so upset.All of this will surely seem absurd but I have had major medical issues and truly have difficulty getting there on foot. Regarding the concern about possible race discrimination, I imagine that an educated woman in this day shouldn’t, but could be influenced by the current race firestorm created by the police and even the President.

We are not all racist pigs. It is all about perception and yes, given all that is going on, I did feel like I was being discriminated against either for being of a different color or perhaps homophobia? I just have to be wrong though - this is 2018!

Whatever the case, the Manager was very helpful as usual and I will continue to go their due to him. I hope that all she needs is to just be reminded what her role is and should be with Walgreens!

Original review posted by user Feb 14

I’ve had several interactions with this particular pharmacist and she has never been anything but cold and unhelpful which I perceive as rudeness. She has to remember that while she may be pharmacist, she is still in the service industry.

To make matters worse, I have seen her interaction with an African-American and she is much more receptive and accommodating. I am a white male and honestly, she makes me very uncomfortable. I am writing this due to just an inconvenience but after the way I have been dealt with in the past, I decided to make this known. I wouldn’t have noticed her behavior in the past because I’m not racist but due to the current political climate and race relations, it occurred to me what I was experiencing.

As a courtesy, they will fill a prescription a couple days early. I had to go to pharmacy the following day to fill a prescription and knew I had to fill another which was a controlled medicine. I called the night before to make sure that they could fill it the then for my convenience. She said no, it could not be filled.

I double checked and it definitely was the 28th day which they had filled this prescription on several times before so I brought it with me. I asked one of the staff members to check and make sure that I could fill it and of course I could. Well, as you probably figured, she would not fill it. It is a simple customer service fail.

I have to walk a mile to go there and with medical issues that make it difficult which I have expressed in the past.

I could not wait until the next day because it was the 30th day of another medicine I have to have. Anyway, I thought I would give them a chance due to proximity to my home, but it looks like I will have to go back to taking Uber to my old pharmacy CVS where I’m welcome.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Pharmacist.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 14.

Comments