Rolling Meadows, Illinois

Update by user Dec 01, 2012

I just came across an e-mail I received from a former Walgreens employee when she encouraged me to consider seeking employment there several years ago: \"Walgreens is many things to many people. We\'re a neighborhood retailer that believes in providing excellent patient and customer service to those that we serve.

We\'re a trusted wellness provider that supplies customers, patients and payors with everything from acute prescriptions and vaccinations to specialty pharmaceuticals and wellness services.\"

Walgreens has betrayed my trust.

Trust is earned - not freely given. Once lost, it is difficult to earn back.

Original review posted by user Dec 01, 2012

On 9/22/12, I was innoculated for the flu at the Arlngton Heights Walgreens pharmacy at 1000 E Northwest Hwy. Since then, I have had to seek medical care due to intense pain in my left arm, limited range of motion, diminished muscle strength, and sleep deprivation due to the excrutiating pain.

I was contacted by Sedgwick, the claims administrator for Walgreens. For ten weeks - and counting - I have been undergoing medical treatment that confirms that my condition is the result of poor/improper administration of the shot. Sedgwick has not acknowledged any of my correspondence - including a question I had regarding the paperwork for the claim - and has not paid any of the medical bills for doctor visits, physical therapy, and tests (including an MRI that confirms soft tissue and nerve damage).

I work with students at Harper College and am a hospice worker as well.

As such, I was strongly encouraged to get vaccinated. In view of the pain I continue to experience and the apathy of Walgreens/Sedgwick with regard to causing this, I regret being vaccinated - at Walgreens.

I am shocked and stunned - as are all who are aware of my situation - that Walgreens would not assume responsibility for an action that it clearly caused.

Comments

Hi Michele. I have the same issue.

Can you email me if you get this?

maavera@gmail.com.

Thanks.

I love how you're blaming the company for one persons mistake. If you're claims aren't being answered by Sedgewick, get an attorney instead of ranting about 'trust' and 'customer service'.

Horray! We'll act like everybody's perfect.