Plainfield, Illinois
5.0

I visited the Walgreens on 135th Street and Rte 30 in Plainfield sunday morning 11/22/2015 around 8:30 AM and found that the sidewalk around the front entrance was covered with ice from the storm from the previous night. When I asked the clerk why the area was not salted he indicated that the manager gave orders not to salt as this would somehow lead to a legal liability on the part of Walgreens. If this is a Walgreen policy then I will take my business elsewhere. There are a number of other locations of their competitors in the Plainfield area. I am sure that they would appreciate my business.

Richard Duffner

padrbd1956@gmail.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Manager.

Reason of review: lack of concern for customer safety.

Preferred solution: Proper instruction of employees as to customer safety.

Comments

bobs2015
Saginaw, Michigan, United States #1068024

The answer you got was just an excuse for them not clearing the sidewalks properly. There would be a liability possible if they didn't, rather than did clear it and put salt on it.

Doing so shows intent to ensure customer safety. Not doing so indicates negligence.

Just bad management at that store. Go to the Walgreen corporate site and complain about this location.