20011 Bollinger Rd, Cupertino, CA 95014, USA
2.2
Insurance Plans Acceptance

Clerk accuses me of asking my 14 year old daughter for a pin number to purchase alchohol. When I explain I purchased with my credit card and there was no pin number she continues with her lie.

The store manager is summoned and given the receipt (which clearly shows a credit transaction without a pin number) and then refuses to sell the wine to me. One more problem, I've already purchased the wine and they are now legally stealing it from me. I'm 57 years old, my daughter was asked to verify the price charged on the wine (we've all been overcharged in the past). But these two fools were rude, the clerk continued to lie even after the manager told her there was no pin, and the manager tried to settle it by not allowing me to purchase the wine (remember the manager had the receipt in her hand).

I've never seen either of these two in the 30 years I've been going to the store. Walgreen Drug on Bollinger and Blaney have lost my business forever.

For your own peace of mind I'd stay away from the store. They have idiots and lyers clerking there now.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Manager.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walgreens Cons: Clerk falsley accusing in public and lying, Manager unable to understand what has occurred, Mgr not helping when she saw the clerk was repeatedly lying, Horrible customer service.

Comments

Alcohol can be refused to be sold to anyone. The fact that you involved your 14yr old was a red flag and should be the reason that you no longer could have the alcohol...They didn't steal anything from you.

Your rant doesn't sound right! Clerk can lose their job and be fined so they have the right to question any alcohol sale. Where in the world did you come up with $5000.00?

Sounds like a scheme to get some money. Drop it and go to another store.