La Porte, Texas

I WENT TO PICK UP MY MEDICINE AND AFTER TAKING IT FOR 5 DAYS AND PASSING OUT ON THANKSGIVING AT THE TABLE. IT WAS NOT MY MEDICATION BUT MY NAME WAS ON THE BAG, I HAD BEEN TAKING THIS AND FILLING SICK FOR DAYS AND I JUST KNEW IT WAS MY BLOOD PRESURE, BUT LITTLE DID I KNOW I WAS NOT TAKING MY BLOOD PRESURE PILLS.

THIS MEDICINE WAS FOR THYROIDS, IT COULD HAVE KILLED ME.THE PILL LOOK THE SAME SO BE WARE. JUST 2 YEARS AGO I LOST A FRIEND THAT TOOK THE WRONG MEDICINE AND DIED, SO TELL YOUR FRIEND AND FAMILY.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Pills.

Comments

Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States #623808

I can't count the number of times that this company gave me not enough of my medication. Its not a big deal for some meds but these are NARCOTICS I need these for pain.

I always have to sit there and count them before I leave the store. I have to call them sometimes and have them count their stock so I can get the right ammount.

And I called today to tell them my doctor is going to approve my meds to be picked up sunday instead of monday he told me he was going to and I asked him how I go about doing that and he says ohh it early it early he probably no do for you I don't think he do for you. and I said can I have someone that speaks english.

LadyScot
to Matty Naples, Florida, United States #623826

Matty, you know what is suspicious, the only time a patient accuses us of shorting their script is when it IS a narcotic? How is it possible that we never short their diabetic meds or their blood thinner?

Simply put, you are liars.

There are security measures in place that are more stringent for narcotics than others, so the odds of messing up are zilch. Besides, we count by 5.

LadyScot
Naples, Florida, United States #615789

Without knowing what medication was prescribed, and what medication was received, there is no way to either dispute or credit this

Blood pressure medications and thyroid medications are usually prescribed together as they balance out reactions from either drug.

Cicero, Illinois, United States #615745

Your reactions don't make a whole lot of sense for the drug. Walgreen's should have given you the right prescription, but you need to take responsibility for reading the label of your prescription bottle.

I am in no way saying they did nothing wrong, but I did notice you said your name was on the bag. Seems to me purposely leaving out that I bet your name wasn't on the bottle.

Because you know the next question would be, why didn't you read the bottle. I understand you get a prescription and feel like there shouldn't be any mistakes and in most cases they are, but it only takes one out of a million to ruin a life. Please just take 10 seconds to read your bottle. If the medication looks different call the pharmacy and ask questions please.

People HAVE to start taking a little responsibility for themselves.

I'm sorry this happened to you I truly am and I wish it never happened. I'm sure that's the way your pharmacist feels too.