State: Minnesota Product: Walgreens Deal Clear all filters (1 of 15 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
I am pissed! Walgreen's pharmacist has been calling me to check that I am O K. Isn't that nice that they have such concern for my well being? The pharmacist tells me that Humana, my pharmacy plan provider, is also concerned about my health. Seems that they have...

This happens for 2 reasons

1. Medicare plans are required to provide certain services to target groups of patients based on specified criteria. This often includes such calls as part of that program.

2. Meds are only covered because they keep you healthily and often prevent more expensive care such as hospitalization and ER visits. If you elect not to take these meds, they have just paid for essentially expensive *** on the days you decide you want to take the medicine and also will likely incur additional expenses due to doctor visits, more meds to address problems being treated because you do not admit to not taking what's already prescribed, and in some cases ER visits and hospital stays.

The call was very likely at the insistence of your insurance. They often feel like you are more likely to work with someone you know from the pharmacy vs a nurse in a call center. And if the insurance was kind enough to pay the pharmacy for this service, it was a nominal amount. The pharmacy is often only receiving a few dollars above the cost of the medicine to fill a prescription, and it is often less than the overhead involved.

View more comments