Mobile, Alabama

My mother took her prescription to Walgreens to have it filled, and it was 15 pills short. When we contacted the pharmacy about the shortage, the pharmacist was very rude to her and treated her as if she was dumb.

His exact words were "I filled ur bottle and I don't know were ur pills are. They should be there." He did not initial the bottle like the other pharmacies do, so that just gives me an uneasy feeling that maybe he took them or someone else in the pharmacy took them. Her medication is a first class narcotic. Now tell me why they didn't initial the bottle this time??????

I have emailed to main office still no one has contacted us. My mother suffers from chronic pain do many car accidents as well as work related injuries. Her entire right side is made of plates, rod, pins, and screws.

The amount of medication they prescribe her last her just long enough to get her next refill. Now being shorted 15 pills she will have endure her pain for a week.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Comments

Read my story ...comment on post# 12 of 1148 on complaints about pharmacy & pill shortages. VERY SAD BUT VERY TRUE.

Think thru the ramifications of your actions prior to doing anything. It's 2016 now & it's sad what it has come to.

YOU will never win. Trust me on that.

file A POLICE REPORT ALSO REPORT please REPORT TO ISMP Medication Errors Reporting Program (MERP)

1-800-233-7767