Farmington, New Mexico
3.9K views

Walked into a Walgreen's in Farmington, NM tonight, my wife and daughter went into the grocery side of the store while I went to the liquor dept. I found my purchase on the shelf, proceeded to the counter to pay, showed my license for DOB 10/12/69, clerk totaled the transaction and asked "was that your wife you came in with?", I asked him" Does it matter and if so or not, that would not be any of your business what my personal accord is." The clerk asked "well did she come in with you, I saw her walk in next to you, and if she is your wife I need her ID too?"

I abruptly replied with, "You're kidding right?" he stated "No".

So I went and found my wife, left my daughter age (13) in the magazine aisle, and went back to show him her license, made the purchase.

I caught the Manager at the same time and asked, "So let me get this straight, if I come in with my wife, she separates and I want to buy her a gift set in the liquor dept without her knowing as a surprise, I got to get her over here to show her ID? " He stated "Yep ya do." I asked who's policy is that because it is not statute to New Mexico Law?" He stated it is Walgreen's policy." I asked again, "Your kidding right?" He stated, "Nope, this is private property and you don't have to shop here."

Good way to make sure they never get my money again.......and I will tell every one I know to not use Walgreen's again.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Manager.

Comments

#1702067

It's like dealing with the government.

PricklyChipmunk

Holy moly, he did not do that?! I am so sorry sir.

What an ignorant piece of *** I just found out that them taking my I’d and scanning it is also a way to aggregate my private info and attach it to cigarettes and alcohol, then potentially sell that info to insurance companies and getting me denied a policy! I’m done giving Walgreens anymore of my money!! I shop there nearly every day, as I have a very busy work schedule and a large family that always needs something or other. They will lose a lot of money with this bs tactic!

It is also stupid to be asked for an id from someone younger than my children. From every annoyed middle aged and older, GTFO WALGREENS!!!

SpiritualCaracal

I never post and I have to say that I completely agree that the company policy is crazy. My husband and I stopped in for a few items.

He drove and had his wallet and ID. I did not bring in my purse and they would not sell him the wine without my ID. We are in our 40s .... definitely not 18.

We were shocked and left without our purchases. Walgreens we will not be back.

ImpossibleQuokka

Oh grow up. He was just doing his job.

If you come in with someone they have to ID them as well.

Trust me you won't be missed. With your immature behavior I am shocked that you are even old enough to drink.

to ImpossibleQuokka #1653307

Stupid comment.

to ImpossibleQuokka #1701740

It's not about him "doing his job". It's a valid complaint in regards to an ignorant policy.

He clearly stated that he was shopping for alcohol while his wife was shopping with their teenaged daughter in the other side of the store. If he's the only one shopping for an alcohol product, he should be the only person required to show their ID.

Don't like store policy....Don't shop there....Don't get butthurt...Problem solved....You're welcome you jelly

to Anonymous #1652999

Retard

to Anonymous #1653007

Not a retard. Just stating the truth. I am surprised that the man is even old enough to drink with his immature behavior.

We were just told it was against the law to sell us (ages 47 and 50) alcohol unless we were both ID'd. I told her it was NOT against the law.

She insisted it was...

then admitted it was their store policy. Fat difference between State Law and "store policy" ....

to Tammy Polk #1638802

This was in the 1990s. When I was 25 I lost my wallet and ID.

That Friday I wanted a 12 pack for the weekend. I knew the price for the beer I drank was $16 and change so I just put $17 on the counter of Seven Eleven took my beer and walked out. Nothing happened but if they wanted to cause trouble what could they tell the police or have charged me with ?

I did not steal anything. In fact they owed me a few cents in change.

to Tammy Polk #1653009

Little kid, stop pretending to be 47 and 50. Itis against the law. Ask mommy or daddy.

PricklyChipmunk
to Tammy Polk #1669626

Walgreens is id ‘ing everyone just recently because they were getting fined. The weird thing is, the previous rule was if you appear under 40.Now it’s no matter what.

So instead of paying these so called self imposed fines,they will lose more money in business after insulting and harassing their customers.

It’s no longer about proving your age, it’s about scanning your private information into their system and selling it, also. Besides being offensive, it’s a dirty business practice.

Just got id at Walgreens for buying a 12 pack of beer. I’ve been getting all of my meds there for the past 40 years!

Guess what!

I’m transferring all of my meds to Walmart! Bye bye Walgreens!!!!

to Robert #1653010

I bet this was because they found out you were under 21 when they saw our ID. Shame and they won't miss someone as immature as you.

The policy is rediculous! If Im of age, which the employee can see, Im 67, how about some common sense??

Walgreens says that if one of my children is not at least 21, then I cant buy alcohol! I guess I should leave the kids in the car, unless Walgreens is going to walk out to the car to check. I think people nationwide, should boycott Walgreens. If CVS, Publix, Winn Dixie, the liquor store, dont card everybody if they look over 30, then Walgreens should do the same.

Im taking my business elsewhere, and suggest others do the same. Walgreens should post their silly policy and explain why the *** theyre doing it,

to Doug B #1653011

You cannot even spell simple words and use proper grammar, I doubt you are 67. Nice though.

to ImpossibleQuokka #1653310

You are pretty *** dipped!

P.S. When did these clowns become holier than thou?

Thought to ponder...Why the F don't they card for OPIODS so fervently?!?!

Hmmm. Too little too late if u ask me.Pass this around.

Ri-F'n-diculous!!! Just happened to me.

Been shopping & buying liquor at same St.Pete. Fl. Walgreens for 30 yrs & the 2 wet behind the ears employees carded me & pointed to sign. It certainly wasn't cause I don't look old enough.

Isn't there something wrong with selective enforcement or depending on what clerk u get...cause just last week I wasn't asked.

Guess what? Lost my sale...the ***