Raleigh, North Carolina

My son and I used to frequent this location sometimes several times a day. I know most of the manager's and staff by name.

However, they have recently added new management to this location. On 9/9/16 my son went into the location to get cash back on his debit card. The cashier told him that the transactions had not gone through. When he checked his account, four transactions had posted to his debit account including one with the additional $20 requested for cash back.

So all the transactions had gone through every time the card was swiped and the pin number was entered. In talking with the manager she said that he would have to wait until Monday until it was resolved. I took a screen shot of the transactions that said point of sale authorization. It's really not about the $20 but about the way the manager handled the whole incident.

Since I run a retail operation there are several things that could have taken place. For example all current POS systems have electronic journals and this could have been pulled to ensure that there was not an authorization on the card. The transactions were at 5:34, 5:37, 5:42 and 5:44pm all with point of sale authorizations. Waiting until next week should not have been the solution.

Especially when these were debit transactions not just cash which could be traced. Being condescending & insulting towards the customer was not the way to go. She was the same with me when I spoke with her on the phone. Kind of crazy because I was on the phone with him and heard the entire string of events.

If this happens in a store beware. Often if you wait until the next day that money is gone. If you don't want issues with your debit card then please don't go to this store. They have consistently gone down hill with there customer service.

The lines get long and when the cashier's call Isee3 for help they often are left at the front alone with no manager to come and help take care of the customer's. Nicky and Ty are great manager's but the rest of them act like they are doing you a favor by allowing you to shop at their location. The older crew speaks, recognizes most frequent customers by name and always say welcome to Wal Greens. Unfortunately it starts at the top and trickles down.

They need the guy who was the manager a couple of years ago to come back and restore some order to the place. He didn't allow the bums to hang outside and beg for money, sell movies and stalk the customer's. He was very professional, spoke to the customers and took care of the issues. The very morale of that store has drastically changed over the last couple of years.

The only reason that they keep the few good ones that they have left are because jobs are hard to find. Even the pharmacy manager is friendly and helpful and will address issues in a professional manner. I know because I have dealt with him as well. One of the ladies (and I use the term loosely) working in the pharmacy gave my mom the wrong prescription on one occasion and then cheated her out of half of another prescription.

The store has turned into an absolute mess! Now they can't even do a simple transaction without it turning into a debacle.

Congrats to Ty and Nicky for hanging in there and making it a pleasant shopping experience. If CVS had continued to sell cigarettes I would shop across the street!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walgreens Cons: Costumer service, Mod, Money not received for cash back transaction.

• Al Green

Comments

unfairhiringprastices

First of all I find it pathetic that your so cannot fight his own battles. I ask is he still in diapers?

For a grown man to need mommy to fight his battles is pathetic. Second, the manager has to check into the situation. He cannot just give anyone and everyone money because they said that there was a mistake and the transaction went through. I mean I could want a quick $20 an say the same thing happened to me.

Not all companies have the same way of pulling up transaction records.

I bet she thought your son was a big baby because he could not take care of his own affairs. While they cannot do a simple transaction without messing it up, you son cannot handle his own affairs without crying to mommy everytime something goes wrong, and he won't get far in this world if he needs mommy to fix all his problems for him.