Washington, District Of Columbia
5.2K views 15 comments

I purchased a blender at Walgreens on 3-12-2011 on 3-15-2011 I brought the blender back to Walgreens because it was not performing as efficiently as I would have hoped.

My purchase was made mainly in cash-- $19.00 in cash and something like $2.48 on my Visa debit card (used as a debit NOT credit)

The manager at the store REFUSED to give me cash for any or all of my refund. INSISTED it MUST be put on a debit card or NOTHING. I no longer had that card as it was a Visa Debit Gift Card I had received for a rebate and that purchase of $2.48 had wiped it out-- so I had thrown it away.

The manager said he didn't care which debit card I used but it had to be ENTIRELY put on a card. I stated I could NOT wait a week for my money as I had already bought a bunch of produce for the Smoothies and without a good functioning blender the produce would rot. The manager said "no this is instant you get your money right away."

HE LIED!! My produce is now 24 hours older and I have no funds added to my card. I will NEVER shop at Walgreens as long as I live.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Walgreens Manager
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $22
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Walgreens?

Comments

Do you not already know that a return if applied to a debit card can take 24 hours to process and if being returned on a weekend or holiday would essentially be processed the following business day? Do you live under a rock?

Caramel P
Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States #1328129

Went to Walgreens on 8mile/Farmington rd brought bk smthn tht ws nvr opn valued @$33 tht ws paid with debit. Mgr ws rude n upset because I ws his 1st customer n ws mkn a return...I told him he would mk it up in sales. Indian guy tht ws extremely rude n put the refund as a credit whn I pd debit, said thts the only way I ws mkn a return

Truth

Problem# 1 - You bought a blender at Walgreens thinking it was going to perform like a Vitamix or something.

Problem# 2 - Why pay $19 in cash and add $2.48 onto a debit card?Huh?

Problem# 3 - You can argue till you're blue in the face, but in any store, if you purchase an item with half cash and half credit or debit card, if you return the item the entire return gets treated as a debit/credit card purchase.

The store manager is correct but NOT ALL banks handle returns the same. Some take 1 to 5 days to show returns or credit back to your account. Some show right away and some take a few hours. THIS IS NOT WALGREENS FAULT.

This is a bank issue. Deal with it!

You have no legit complaint here. You got your money back. It's still cash in your pocket, it just happens to be waiting in your bank account once that credit hits.

As far as your produce goes, if they're in your fridge they won't go bad.Stop being such a whiny drama queen.

drama queen
to Truth Hazlet, New Jersey, United States #883415

wow "truth" really?!whiny drama queen???

I guess you like to give people nick names huh?

so what is yours?"hot head, big ego, trashbag"

to Truth #1037404

some places return back exactly the way you bought it, at my store if someone paid half cash and half debit then they'll get half back cash and half back debit makes sense, Just saying!

to Truth #1166128

your probably the manager who helped her !!! Then decided go online write long *** paragraph to defend Walgreens !!!!

to Truth Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1340076

Wrong.I work for foodlion.

If you rerurn something that was paid with debit and cash we refund all cash.

I dont blame him for being upset its the stores responisabity to keep customers happy and this customer was not.They failed.

BigBruce

Count yourself lucky that Walgreens would allow you to place a return onto another debit card.

As a matter of asset protection, my store has the following policy:

1) If the purchase is under $20, the refund may be made in cash

2) If the purchase is over $20, the refund can only be issued onto the card used for the purchase.

This prevents a customer from finding a receipt in the parking lot, and then expecting to make a big payday for items such as electric shavers or Blu-Ray players by grabbing the item from the shelf and then asking for a refund.

The only exception to this policy would be if the card used to purchase the item was expired (the expiration date is shown on the receipt) or the POS system could not refund the money onto the original card.

nicole

i just returned some shampoo and condtioner and some curl cream.it was quick and easy.

i had to return the products, not because they werent awesome but because they were pricey items. i will patiently wait for my refund.

the cashiers were polite and nice.

it does suck that i would get back my money right away.

Mary

Yea. walgreens lies. I was told the same thing, that the money would go right back on the card...5 days later, I was pissed