Verified Reviewer

2.4

I have had an ongoing issue with improper pharmacy billing at the Walgreens Store#9182 in Pineville, LA since 2019. I have spoken with both the pharmacy and store manager several times.

Neither have been able or were unwilling to get the matter resolved.

I requested the name and contact number of the District Manager. Management told me that they do not know the name of their District Manager and were prohibited from providing that information to a customer.

I follow this up with Walgreens Customer Service and spoke with Corporate Billing which assured me they could solve the matter. They did not.

I was assigned Case# 1387**** by Customer Service after again requesting to speak with the District Manager. I was assured they would be in contact.

After several weeks without any contact, I called back. Customer Service expressed surprise that I yet to be contacted. They said they would escalate my case and could expect a call in the next few days. That was more than a week ago and now more than a month has passed since my initial call to customer service.

Lastly, the insurance company which administer the state program I am in has spent hours with the store setting up proper billing.

The store began billing some prescriptions properly but half the staff still can not. The store is nearly 30 miles from my house so I call to confirm it has been run properly, they assure me it has but when I arrive it is not. They excuse this failure by the fact that no one at the store knows how to run this script through manually so can not help me and I will have to come back.

The insurer has also contacted the pharmacy manager numerous times about the continued issue. A person is never available to assist them and they leave a message in the pharmacy manager's mailbox but never receive a call back.

They have been leaving messages about opening the window back to 2019 for resubmission of past prescriptions not processed.

I have been a faithful Walgreen's customer for nearly 3 decades across several states.

Over this time, due to numerous health issues I had spent several hundreds of thousand in prescriptions with them. Now that I need some assistance, they can't be bothered.

User's recommendation: Support LOCAL pharmacy and then use any other chain pharmacy other than Walgreens as a secondary option.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Preferred solution: Billing correction and refund of overcharging due to store error. Retraining and apology..

Walgreens Pros: Convenience, Store location convenient, Products variety.

Walgreens Cons: Unequal treatment and discrimination, Pharmacy is a nightmare.

Location: 3400 Military Highway, Pineville, LA 71360