Prescription Services

Unfortunately for the last year or so I've had to be on pain medication due to a knee replacement that went bad and also due to the fact that I have very severe rheumatoid arthritis that is not well controlled. I have been a long-time customer Walgreens.

My doctor writes my pain medication prescription by the law for 26 pills at a time. I usually make those last a month or a little more. The last 4 months I have filled my prescription at Walgreens they have told me that my insurance will only pay for 21 pills and not the 26 that is prescribed. I received no notification from my insurance company that they were changing what they would cover or that they would cover less than what is allowed by law.

I ask the pharmacist around the 21 through my insurance and I would pay out of pocket for the other five. He told me that wasn't allowed. He said I can only get the 21. Last month I was not at home near my Walgreens pharmacy when I needed to refill my prescription which in Georgia we have to take a written prescription to the pharmacy for.

I had the prescription filled at my old Pharmacy which is in another town where I was. I told them what I was told that my insurance company would only cover 21. When I got there to pick up the prescription they had filled it for 26 as written and said it went through with no problem with my insurance company. It was Walgreens that decided to limit how many I can fill.

Since when are they the rulers of prescriptions that your doctor prescribes.

Who are they to decide they're going to feel less than the law allows. I will not take another prescription to them but I will be filing formal complaints.

Comments