It was our first visit to this store. We will not return to this store. When we walked in, the checkout clerk was not even hospitable. She has a mean look on her face. Noticed the checkout clerk had a frown and indifferent. I made a comment to one of the other ladies (photo lady) that the checkout clerk must be having a bad day and she says, "that is everyday. She is always like that". I asked where is the manager, and she responded that, it doesn't matter. They don't care".

When we checked out, we had all of the items in the basket and she check us out and forgot the multi-vitamin and we had to pay that separately. When we got home, found out that a red gel pen was not in our bag.

A little smile will go a long way!

When we check out, she still had a frown and no positive demeanor.

If she "hates" her job, get out and find something she enjoys.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Customer Care.

Reason of review: Checkout clerk was indifferent and not happy to be at work. Other staff also confirmed this and nothing is done by management. It's an accepted culture, according to other staff member..

Preferred solution: Find someone who enjoys that job and put her away from the front line..

Comments

My local Walgreens (not in the South) has a great team of workers. Always has a greeting for me (if not tied up with a problem customer) and they are always ready to help or find someone that can.

Get a life! Maybe she has been waiting on irritating customers all day.

Have you tried to work retail?

On your feet ALL day long to have customer yell and be nasty to you? Working for min wage is always a great uplifter....

Wheever I walk into my local Walgreens, I am immediately greeted with a hello. I’ve never had an unfriendly clerk or associate seem indifferent. Maybe because it’s the south.

Noticed the checkout clerk had a frown and indifferent...What in the world does that mean?