Anchorage, Alaska

I was getting two prescriptions for the first time my doctor had prescribed. I told the pharmacy I had express scripts insurance but didn't have an ID card for it.

I provided them my ID, medical insurance card which had the express script phone number on it. They charged me 130 dollars and I paid it and went on my way. After reviewing it I notice that didn't even use my insurance. I submitted it to e press scripts for reimbursement and they only reimbursed me $15 because that's all they would have paid.

I brought this up the next time I went to my doctor he said the worst case should have only costed 30 dollars cash with out insurance.

Even though this was costly my biggest complaint is how horrible they treat their customers and I'm actually amazed how they stay in business because they treated my wife sobad they made her cry. We'll never back andi hope they go under!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

Doctors don't know ANYTHING about how much drugs cost.

It is the patients job to provide the correct insurance information to the pharmacy staff. if your medical card didn't have the pharmacy processing information then you need to call them and get it.

to Anonymous #1118167

I agree, as someone who is old enough to be married he is an adult and should start acting like one. He did not have the correct information, because he did not have the correct, the mistake was his not theirs.