I was passed over for someone who had no qualifications to run the store. Neither the experience not the training.

She worked one day a week and on occasion was late, or called in, because she was over exhausted from her main job. I have been working at Walgreen's for over five years, I run the photo department and recently finished my Bachelor's Degree in college. I have over fifteen years of previous retail experience. When I mentioned it to the people in charge they sat me down and looked over my record and told me I was late and called in a lot last year (I found out I was diabetic by that August and didn't know what was wrong, I had doctor's notes and everyone knew my predicament, but they told me that didn't matter.) I was being groomed by the previous managers for the promotion but they were transferred out and our new manager loves to pick favorites.

Not only that.

but because this young woman tickled the District Manager's eye he GAVE her the position uncontested and a raise bigger than the position minimum. (Keep in mind this is with no experience and no qualifications) No one knew the position was available, even me and I am full time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Manager.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Comments

So quit, problem solved.

sex sells and always has. it will always sell.

sorry for your disappointmnet but this is a just how it works.

when they do not get what they want out of her SHE WILL BE OUT just give it more time!! or CVS is down the road##

MikeBrady
Chantilly, Virginia, United States #761529

There are millions of diabetics,myself included, in the USA - almost an epidemic - and somehow a majority make it in to work. They picked her, not you.

LTCC
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States #761223

Your issue is not with the young lady...she did what she had to do to get the job....and tickling the district manager's eye probably was the very least she accomplished to that endeavor. Your issue is with management and Walgreen's hiring process - but don't waste your time.....things have already been covered up by the district manager at this point. Unless you got more to go on.....I'd be leaving....as you can see how the system works.....or doesn't.