I originally didn't notice the decrease because I was getting overtime hours but then the store manager suddenly without notice began giving me part-time hours even though he said he was going to keep me working 40 hours a week.

Once I noticed I wasn't making as much as I used to I went and checked my pay rate information (After being told how to do so by an fellow employee) and found out my pay got decreased by .50 which isn't a lot but when you are making minimum wage to begin with it really hurts. I have been going through some tough times and barely able to pay bills whilst having to borrow money from family and I talked with the store manager multiple times on getting more hours and his solution was to send me to a fellow Walgreens on my days off from that Walgreens that is about an hour drive away from the Walgreens I work at.

Now I don't have enough money to pay the gas to get there and honestly the amount I get paid isn't really worth the drive and wear and tear on my car and I told him explicitly that I don't want to work at that other Walgreens since I wouldn't be getting home until midnight every night and then he schedules me at 8 am the next morning.

I did some investigating to find out where my hours went and found out he is giving a part-time female worker 40+ hours when in reality she should be getting the 19-24 hours that he is giving me.

I am wondering if it is legal for him to go and decrease my pay rate without notifying me or having me sign and agree to the new pay rate. I am also wondering if you are a full-time employee isn't the store manager required to give you full-time hours so you don't lose your benefits? I am on the profit-sharing plan, health/medical plan etc. That Walgreens gives to it's full-time employees and I don't really want to lose those benefits because someone unfit to be a manager is screwing with me.

Review about: Walgreens Manager.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

talk to your manager ask for a letter stating why the pay was cut? is it acrossed the board (others with your same title getting the same pay cut?, or just you?) this is not the first time I heard of pay cuts for certain jobs the TITLES OF THE JOBS also change