This just happened today to my wife with narcotic pain meds she has been on for chronic pain.She has been on these for 15+ years.
Our doctor notified us that in his opinion what Walgreens is requesting violates HIPPA and is advising all his patients to switch pharmacy. I went to the Walgreens to question them on the policy and the pharmacist picked up a preprinted card and read me a canned response telling me this is all they were allowed to say on the matter, it was one paragraph of here at walgreens we strive for customer satisfaction and safety blah blah. I then elected to have a regional manager call me to discuss the situation. I was told by this manager that it is a new company policy and they are the only ones in the industry doing it now and they suspect other pharmacys will follow suit.
They do not care how many customers will leave because of this and they are aware that some will but don't think it will be a significant amount. The policy is here to stay unless someone challenges it in court and they lose.(she says they are on firm legal footing) I understand why they are doing this but I am a little alarmed when our doctor tells us he feels it is a violation of HIPPA for walgreens to allow their pharmacists to be asking for medical records and taking on the role of doctor to review and arbitrarily decide whether you can have a certain script filled based on your diagnosis. This is a job better left to the better educated, namely the doctor who wrote the script in the first place.
Doesn't it seem silly to allow someone with less than half the education and little if any real interaction or health history be the "decider" of your medical care?I for one after 15+ years as a customer will no longer patronize walgreens, they do not deserve the business especially considering this was rolled out on the down low as it seems they were making an effort to keep it as low profile as possible by not allowing their pharmacists to discuss this new policy with the very people whose privacy they are violating in the first place.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Drug Stores and Drugs
You May Also Like
- "I would like to return some batteries at one of your retail stores and was turned away even though I had the receipt. I was past my 30 days..."
- "I am so happy with Advocare! I have lost 54lbs since January! No problem with the distributors, I am a distributor myself so contact me if you want to change..."
- "Can not contact or find a return address for this product. Do you have any advise.i can not find where I ordered this product. It seems to have vanished. Also..."
- "Well, bought a set of Sony in ear wired headphones (MDR-650AP) a few weeks ago. The sound is great but the the remote button/program button is not working. I..."
- "I recently ordered 4 pairs of shoes from Savannah's (Savannahs.com), an online shoe site with a store in Stockholm. After 15 days, my shoes never came in. I emailed and..."
- "I received the unit quickly and communication with the seller was awesome. However I've not been satisfied with the unit. The lace is of good quality but the hair is..."
- "It is a best online store. I have order many dresses on this website but one time they deliver me after one day of delivery time! But it was not..."
- "On a Friday night, after a long work's day, my honey asked me to stop at Kentucky Fried Chicken on my way back home to get him dinner. So, I..."
- "What has happened to our LaBelle, Fl 'Dollar General Marketplace' store?! It opened to a great deal of fanfare two+ years ago, and proved to be a clean, well stocked,..."