3.5
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

I have been taking Ambien for almost ten years. We lived in Oklahoma and moved to Illinois a year ago.

I always get it filled 5 to 7 days in advance. This time I tried the same thing and told to wait to five days early. I went back and now told it is Walgreens policy I can no longer get it filled sooner than 48 hours before my last pill. A 48 hour window is ridiculous.

The duty tech at first tried to tell me it was DEA. I called DEA and Blue Cross and both agreed it could be filled now but that Pharmacies now have GREAT power to determine when they want to fill medications.

This needs to be reviewed and at least customized for those of us with a history of a specific medication. If there is an emergency or bad weather that prevents me from getting back to Walgreens in that 48-hour window, I will not get the medication I need to go to sleep which will cause multiple problems for lack of rest especially since I am anemic.

Review about: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Pharmacy Refill Policy.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Ability to order medications online.

I didn't like: Internal policy restricting refilling prescriptions.

Comments

Yes because of how much people will sue. Pretty easy to figure out.

A pharmacist has control over a lot of potentially dangerous drugs. It’s their responsibility to ensure you are given the correct doses as prescribed by your doctor. But if you OD who do you think people will blame?! And then try and sue.

Given the opioid problem in America it falls on pharmacies to be the first line of defense. P

If you are taking the medicine as prescribed and gotten it filled 5 days early for 10 years, then you should have about 2 years (600 days) surplus. That should pretty much cover any weather or emergency I believe. Get over yourself

48 hours is a reasonable amount of time. CVS won't let me get it until the day it is due.