Huntsville, Alabama
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Turnaround Time

I am a nurse who is subject to drug testing - I have a perscription for all medications I take. The Pharmacist who was called by the drug testing company refused to give them my drug information stating it was against HIPPA.

This is NOT the truth and the website for Walgreens even states that. He was extremely rude when I called to ask him to release that information and said "he didnt need my business and he was too busy to deal with it" I called corporate office and to date have NOT received a call back to discuss this rude behavior. I will take my business elsewhere - who needs a rude pharmacist??!! If he said I could take my business elsewhere - I guess Walgreen's doesnt care how rude their pharmacist all to consumers.

I will also spread the word to my patients and recommend that they also take their business elsewhere.

Bad Company policy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Walgreens Cons: Being treated poorly.

Comments

LadyScot

Did you sign a release giving the pharmacist permission to release your drug information to outside sources? If not, then the pharmacist is right.

As a nurse, if you do your job according to the law, then you know that sensitive medical information must be kept private unless a release is signed.

As a nurse, I am sure you also know that your pharmacist is not required to prove you have prescriptions for your medications, it is you and your prescribing physician that falls on.

As a nurse, you would also know that corporate offices have absolutely NO control over the pharmacy housed in their building. Pharmacies are controlled by the state board of pharmacy, and the federal government.

As a nurse, I also would hope you could spell better.

rollo2016

Go elsewhere, of course but just don't go to CVS. Rite Aid is an option, but a better one is to find a small, local pharmacy. Good luck.