2.1
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

Pharmacist had filled prescription and I brought in new insurance. Due to the new billing, the pharmacy tech, Lorena needed him to reverify the prescription.

As I had walked in, the pharmacist on duty was yelling about getting too many benzodiazepines prescriptions and opiates. When he was verifying my prescription, he started yelling at me in front of every single person in line and staff- asking why does your doctor prescribe you this medication! He said 30 years he didn't have to deal with this kind of *** and was screaming at me to explain. He then told me he is doing his job and they will get in trouble if they don't ask these questions.

He said he gets too many benzo and opiate prescriptions and he shouldn't have to fill them. I was fine explaining and he was insistent on yelling. Finally, he stopped screaming and left me standing there for 20 minutes and just ignored me and the pharmacy tech and kept yelling to other staff members that he had been on a 12 hour shift. After 20 minutes, the tech asked him if he would please verify.

She whispered to me that he was doing this on purpose. He was taking phone calls and refusing to verify. I was crying standing there, humiliated and shaking. I have NEVER had this experience in my life.

The pharmacists name was Troy and the sweet pharmacy tech was Lorena.

Lorena instructed me to go online and file this and also fill out a survey. If you pull recording, you can actually watch him do this to me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walgreens Cons: Rude pharmacist, Incompetent pharmacy service.

Comments

Sounds like that pharmacist is off of his psychiatric meds!

Sounds like it is time for find another pharmacy.