2.1
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Turnaround Time

I called in my prescriptions this Friday morning. Several of which can be dangerous if you skip them.

Some needed the doctors ok to refill. I had to call throughout the day pushing them to contact my doctors office. Then double checking at my doctors office to see if they got the request. End result?

One they waited until after my doctors office closed to fax a request, though they deny being late. So now I'll be missing that med for 3 days until my doctors office reopens on Monday. This on top of being put on hold each time i called. On hold for so long that their music ran out, and their system redialed the pharmacy.

Only to be asked to hold yet again. Not at all happy.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Walgreens Cons: Pharmacy is constantly messing up.

• government funded prescriptions

Comments

As the patient its your job to make sure you keep up with your own refills. If you are on a medication that you know you can't be without then don't wait until the last minute.

You can't except the pharmacy staff to jump with urgency because you can't get it together. Every label on your bottle says the amount of refills you have and a date.

It is totally up to the customer whom the medication belongs to make sure they don't run out. It is 'YOUR' job to keep track of your medicine situation.

Pharmacies are busy, dr.s are busy, warehouses run out of product, there might be insurance issues. The fact is you cannot wait till the last minute to refill.

All you end up doing is stressing everyone out unnecessarily. Auto refill helps, ultimately it is your responsibility.