Coral Springs, Florida

I went to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for my father who has an inflammation in his prostate I asked them to refill the metronidazole and they refilled another prescription called metoprolol. I asked him to please correct the medication and they said the other one didn't have any refills which I accept.

When I called for the refill I specifically asked for the metronidazole. Whoever answered the phone did not did not once repeat themselves or confirm the prescription back to me therefore I feel it was there mistake, once I picked up the prescription I drove off I (drive-through mind you)and I realized I had the wrong prescription so I went ahead and called them to let them know that I was going to go back they were very rude they told me I had the wrong prescription I had said the wrong prescription and that they could not give my money back after I paid out-of-pocket because I want my father to feel better they told me insurance would not cover it I went back they would not return my money I asked to speak to a manager they said she'll be in on Friday I thought that they were Very rude in the way they handled it. I did not mess up, obviously they did when I initially called.

After sitting in the drive-through for about 10 minutes they gave me back my money but they were very rude about it. WALGREENS @ CORAL RIDGE AND SAMPLE FL 33065 SUCKS !!

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Comments

Typically once any medication has left the pharmacy they will not take it back. It has nothing to do with any situational mix-up but on the general principle that they cannot guarantee it's safety to be dispensed to another person.

When you pick up drugs would you want it to have previously been in someone else's possession outside of the pharmacy?

Probably not. It sounds like you realized the mistake pretty quick which is probably the only reason they took it back.