Albuquerque, New Mexico
2.2
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Prescription Services
Turnaround Time

I have to take Advair twice a day for my asthma. I submitted my refill (via the auto-text option) on Wednesday.

On Thursday I received a phone call that my prescription was ready. On Friday I had a few more prescriptions called in and decided I would wait till they were all ready. I received 2 more calls that said "your prescription is ready". I went to the website because I wanted to make sure my Advair was also ready (since it is kind of important so I can breath) and NOTHING was showing online - not even the prescription.

So I called the pharmacy as I was driving over there (around 4:30pm as I had just got off work) and they stated my doctor denied it because I need to come in. OK I get that but my gripe is it would have been nice to know that was the status so I could have seen him on Friday before he left his office. Its called picking up a phone on Thursday and calling someone to let them know. Furthermore, Walgreens told me they couldn't see when they received the denial and offered to sign me up for text and phone call alerts.

I already am and received none! There solution is for me to go to Urgent Care and then go see my primary for an extended prescription. I am glad Walgreeens thinks I am made of money to visit 2 different doctors and still pay for the prescription. Thanks Walgreens!

If you have the auto-refill activated make sure to check your refill availability from time to time as Walgreen's will NOT let you know that your refills are out or that your doctor wont refill until you come in.

Here's to a weekend of spending over $300 to go to 2 doctors and still get a life saving med because Walgreen's doesnt care about it patients. I have already transferred my remaining prescriptions to CVS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Advair Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Pharmacy staff failure to communicate .

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Walgreens Cons: No notification, Lied about seeing when they were notified.

Comments