Verified Reviewer

1.9

There has been no pharmacist at the pharmacy on Main Street in Great Barrington Massachusetts since Monday. There was a pharmacist on Thursday for a very short amount of time.

But there is no pharmacist yesterday and again today.

For anyone who has been prescribed a controlled substance theres no way to pick that up because the law states that controlled substances cannot be switched to another pharmacy. This leaves people with psych medications that have to be taken regularly to maintain a proper maintenance level in the system, completely out of luck. We arent talking about aspirin here we are talking about psych meds. I called the 855 number to be transferred to some consumer division which then transferred me to an online pharmacy division which then put me on hold for 57 minutes.

I finally lost service and called again I was again transferred to a customer service division person who was nothing but rude and impatient with me and couldnt understand how I couldnt except the answer she was giving me which was that I had to wait to get through to my prescriber on Tuesday and that a prescription can be changed to a different pharmacy.

The fact that a pharmacy has had no pharmacist and has held very critical drugs hostage for days and days is utterly unacceptable.

I am practically beyond words as to how unacceptable it is and then when you call them only to be met with this is not our problem the store is closed how can I possibly help you if the store is closed. And then rude impatience when that answer is completely unacceptable to me. This is on Walgreens head and shoulders. It is negligible on their part to not have a pharmacist at a location for this long!!!!!

It is negligible to not create a different option for people. They did not contact any of the local providers in the area to let them know that the pharmacy would be closed for this extended period of time so that the providers would not write scripts to that pharmacy. Every step of the way Walgreens has dropped the ball here from the moment it closed the pharmacy due to no pharmacist being available to the phone calls I have made and being put on hold for almost an hour to the rude interaction I had with someone in the consumer relations department.

Walgreens took over this location from Rite Aid and we were all wary because I have never had a good experience with Walgreens pharmacy ever... anywhere.....

I am certain this will not be the last youve heard about this. This is all just completely frustrating and crazy making!!!!!!

User's recommendation: Get your prescriptions at CVS or anywhere else you can.

Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts