Tacoma, Washington

Hi - I'm just an average employee.

Rarely nowadays do I get a customer who brings up an item on sale, and I ask them before clicking the 'payment' button if they have a Balance reward's card or phone number. In-fact, I typically leave the system on 'price check' mode which indicates if the item is on sale just for the benefit of the customer, since I would want the same good deal as the next bloke. If the customer says they have no account or number and thinks nothing of it, obviously the price is not going to come up on sale and I'll let them know if they have a problem with it, that they'll need the card.

It's not up to me, you're shopping at a business with set rules for this type of thing so don't freak out. I'm also just a person, if you clearly don't want a card, I'm not going to press the issue.

Literally, I can tell you that all you need is a name to go by, anything will do ~ "Harry Potter", "Lady Gaga", doesn't matter. You can even a cashier to just put in a single letter for your first name, and a period for your last. And finally a Zip code/Phone# to use as a password/handle when redeeming points (again, can be any zip/phone# code as long as it's valid). That's all that's required, the other spaces like your address and all that can be left blank, the system will allow it because it's voluntary. The process of getting a card in itself can take about 2 minutes, which really isn't that inconveniencing when you're trying to save a buck.

I'm not too worried about being trolled or having someone rave about how their prescription was denied, I just had someone spit gum at me at the register today because they didn't want a card and they thought it was horribly wrong. I'm sick of seeing people go ape crazy and beat there chest thinking they're being utterly scammed. I literally do not care at that point when I'm being degraded on a weekly basis by people who think they stand with class on a higher moral precipice because -they- are the consumer and I'm there to serve. It's getting out of control.

Anyways! I hope this was somewhat informative. Have a good one.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Deal.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

• Rewards Card Sale Price

Comments

I'm an SFL in St Louis. Wish you were on our team.

You are right.