Saint Paul, Minnesota

Walgreen's will not allow me to fill my prescriptions online unless I provide them with personal private information that is none of their business. They are assuming they know things such as the car I drive but they have outdated information.

I do not want them gathering private information about me. It is none of their business. It is a violation of my privacy and an inconvenience. I was not permitted to re-order my prescriptions because their collection of private information about me does not even match reality and there is no way to change their idea of facts.

What stupidity.

Re-ordering via phone is inconvenient. They will lose me as a customer if they don't get their act together.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Prescription Refill.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments

I think I know what this is! I forget who it is exactly, but its definitely not Walgreens.

Its like the department of commerce or something. Anyway, I use to work for sprint customer care and there was this tool (I wasn't actually supposed to use it, it was for the finance department, but that's beside the point) that I could use to verify someone's account if they didn't know their verification info like their PIN. So when you open it, it asks a series of obscure outdated questions about you, or the person who's account your dealing with, and if you answer them all correctly, it considers your identity verified and you can do what ever it is you needed to do. Since leaving sprint I've only seen it once, and I think it was for a credit card or something.

Anyway, Walgreens isn't collecting the info, its using previously collected info to be sure you are you.

Hope that puts your mind at ease (if its the same thing haha)

Houston, Texas, United States #930960

I believe you are talking about the secret question to identify yourself. They ask for first pet, city of birth and such.

I use the same answer for everything because it doesn't matter if it is accurate just that you remember and use the same answer each time.

It could be anything - like "yams" or "shoe". That way you have a memorable answer without revealing anything.