Windermere, Florida

DROPPED OFF 5 PRESCRIPTIONS AND THE PHARMACIST VERIFIED HE HAD THEM IN STOCK AND THEY ALL COULD BE FILLED. RECEIVED A CALL THAT THEY WOULD NOT FILL MY RX FOR HYDROCODONE .

LOW MG, 30 TAB. ASKED WHY MY DR. IS OUT OF ORLANDO, ..BECAUSE HE WAS INTRODUCED TO ME WHEN I MOVED HERE 8 YEARS AGO. I HAVE KEPT THE SAME DOCTOR AND HE IS VERY SMART.

IT IS WALGREEN'S POLICY NOT THE FEDS POLICY THEY CHOSE NOT TO FILL IT. THIS IS BS. I HAVEN'T HAD A RX FOR HYDROCODONE IN OVER A YEAR AND THIS IS THE TREATMENT I GET WHEN I NEED IT. HAVE HAD EXTENSIVE BACK SURGERY, ARTHRITIS, STENOSIS, SEVERAL HERNIATION'S AND I CAN'T GET MY RX FILLED.

WENT TO 5 CVS LOCATIONS AND THEY SAID THEY DO NOT HAVE IT. I WAS A REGULAR WITH ALL MY MEDICATIONS AT CVS. I'M THROUGH WITH WALGREENS AND CVS. SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE.

IM OLDER WITH SEVERE PAIN BUT YET CANNOT GET MY RX. SHAME ON WALGREENS FOR TREATING LEGITIMATE CUSTOMERS AS THOUGH THEY ARE DRUG DEALERS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Walgreens Pharmacist.

Walgreens Pros: Polite manager.

Walgreens Cons: Pharmacist failed to fill rx.

Comments

Titusville, Florida, United States #904878

I had the same issue and Winn Dixie filled mine if that helps. Be careful they are

calling your Drs trying to get info they have no right to know.

My doctor told me to

answer none of the questions. Take Care

to Pat #905196

The only thing a pharmacist would ask would be things like your diagnosis code, expected duration of therapy and proof that a physical examination/MRI has been performed. This is done to determine if your dosage is within the normal therapy for your diagnosis.

You say the pharmacy has no right to know but you're wrong. The pharmacist is doing their job and protecting themselves from all the quack doctors and pill mills that are out there. If your doctor is legit and drug dosage isn't overly excessive for your diagnosis then you're OK.

Your doctor must be a little shady if they don't want to share that info or is just mad because of the extra work the staff at their office may have to do in order to get the pharmacy the info they need. The name of the game now is to protect yourself and have documentation in case the DEA comes in with questions.

to Anonymous #911377

The only thing they should be asking doctors is...Did you write this?Yes?o.k. then i will fill this right away doctor thank you.

to mi #911711

Its a check and balance. A pharmacist does know medications.

Its their job how much and the side effects and the interactions with others. Thats the whole reason we have pharmacist.

They specialize in drugs. Why is this so hard to understand.