Michelle H Svx
map-marker Macomb, Michigan

To file a complaint

I still have not heard back from Walgreens corporate! I intend to keep calling and writing. Pharmacist at Macomb store is on a major power trip. Will refuse meds and blame it on insurance. Blatantly lies. He is the worst. He will however fill medications with severe adverse reactions together without warning! Highly dangerous. But has an issue filling pain medications to a disabled woman! Im lucky to be sane and alive- no thanks to him he certainly didnt catch the error. I DID!

Preferred solution: Pharmacist reprimanded

User's recommendation: Pick another pharmacy

map-marker Jacksonville Beach, Florida

Refilling Controlled Substance

I have been filling a prescription for a controlled substance through a Walgreens pharmacy for six months now. Each month the prescription has been filled 3-7 days early with no problem whatsoever.

Prior to this, the prescription had been filled at a CVS pharmacy for years. I changed pharmacies only because I moved. I have had the same doctor prescribing this for about five years now. I have never had a problem filling this prescription before this month.

I called Walgreens to have my prescription filled five days early. My insurance company already cleared that it would be covered. The pharmacy tech put it through and said it would be ready in about an hour. Two hours later I called the pharmacy as I still had not received a text message saying that it was ready.

I was then informed by the pharmacy tech that it could not be filled yet because it was five days too soon. I was told in order to have it filled sooner, my doctor's office would need to call and release the prescription early. I had my doctor's office call Walgreens to do so. Walgreens then sends my refill history and asks them if they were aware that I have been filling early.

My doctors office still wanted the prescription released and suggested that I have it filled weekly instead of monthly then. The pharmacist states that this would be inconvenient to me WITHOUT CONSULTING ME. It is four days early and I have yet to have my prescription filled. Today I called the Walgreens pharmacy to ask that the prescription be filled tomorrow on the 30th day.

I explained my confusion and frustration regarding that inconsistency and she hung up on me. I was not expletive or yelling. After this I finally called the corporate Walgreens office and filed a formal complaint. My complaint was documented and I was assured someone will call me back within two business days.

Why is this a problem? Because this "controlled substance" is a medication I cannot just be off of for 5 days and not have consequences. This controlled substance comes with a dependence on the medication which does not make me a criminal of a druggie. This is a prescription from a reputable doctor that I need.

I don't feel that Walgreens should have exhibited this type of control over medication out of the blue. If it was fine for the past six months to fill early, why isn't it now? I should have been told that filling early was an "exception" they were making.

Because of their inconsistency I have been hospitalized for withdrawal side effects and have missed work. This is unacceptable.

Guest

That’s why I don’t use Walgreens anymore. They are very very strict.

When it comes to their refill policy you were super lucky they filled it early at all. Mine did the same thing but he ran me back five years and told my doctor I should have 150 pills my dr had to use another pharmacy to call it in but this was for Fioricet, which is an even a controlled drug at the time but that’s Walgreens. The guy took his time to go back five years and count.

this is done using talk to text. So sorry for the grammar.

Guest

That’s why I won’t fill at Walgreens. They were doing my headache medication for months and one day they just wouldn’t fill it and also printed out my refills the pharmacist said that I should have 150 pills on hand.

he went back five years. Just to be a *** but that’s their policy they won’t fill early just because you ran out and will be hospitalized without them.

They absolutely don’t care. They just know that you’re feeling early every month but once the doctors aware of it, they should’ve just filled it but they don’t

Guest

What is this medicine? Remind me to never take that crap.

Guest

I understand your frustration I really do. I also am on a controlled substance and feel frustrated at times by their hard stance on the 30 days but honestly be true to yourself if you need to fill early every month your taking too much.

The real issue is because they filled early for so long they helped support this issue and now sticking by the rules (Actually Laws) it’s opened the door to a much bigger issue.

Be honest to yourself you should not be going 5 days without if you take it as prescribed. I’m really not judging that’s not my role I just want you to help yourself and please don’t turn to the streets to supplement.

Hibba Tpa

Walgreens did the same to me with my medicine. You or I will never win

Guest

I agree with you people who have to wait long enough to get your medicine is not fair judgement People are now thinking your a drugie which I am not Walgreens tried to make me wait until 2 day's after due date why???? I got it filled the 23rd and now I have to wait until the 25th why it makes no sense

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2107026

how did they make you wait till two days after the date you picked up? Did you tell them you’ll be out for two days pharmacist don’t even make sense and you can’t say anything to them because they have the right to refuse to fill they don’t care.

Guest

People who use controlled substances legally are now treated with scorn and contempt. Pharmacist show no concern if you are unable to get your medications even though they know the danger of suddenly stopping your medication..

There is a current hysteria in this country concerning all restricted drugs.

There is no logic behind this, many people are suffering, but no one cares. The situation will continue and will eventually effect everyone - we must put a stop to this.

Guest

Percocet is the only pain medicine that works for me, I'm super sensetive to meds. I have a surgery for next week and was told by 3 different pharmacies (Wal Mart, CVS and Walgreen's that they can't get it anymore, WHY??????? I only need to order 12 to get me through the pain for the first 3 days!!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2079617

so what are you doing to get them filled? Maybe go with the mail order pharmacy like optum RX

View more comments (273)
Rhonda G Hxg

Verified Reviewer

Prescription was filled incorrectly by the Pharmacy

This incident occurred last June, however, I have retained the incorrect prescription that was filled by the pharmacy as evidence on my own behalf. Last June, my physician called in a prescription that I have filled monthly for a Class III controlled substance that I must take.

At one time, I had been seriously injured in an accident and at that time, the drug companies were pushing Fentanyl to relieve pain. I was placed on the Fentanyl pain patch and was prescribed this medication for 8 years. When the government decided that Fentanyl should no longer be prescribed, I chose to stop taking it and was prescribed Suboxone as an alternative. For the past five years, I have been using Suboxone and now use the lowest prescribed amount marketed.

In June, Walgreens prescribed me a 45-day supply of 8 mcg Suboxoneinstead of the 2mcg prescribed by my physician. Since the medication is always a generic, there is sometimes a slight difference in the strength of the drug, however, I did notice a difference in the taste, and the effect it was having on me. I did not notice for around 15 days into taking this dosage that it was the incorrect strength, rather 4 times the usual and prescribed meds because up until this time, I felt that I could trust my pharmacist to fill the written prescription correctly. I assumed since there are measures taken in their quality, safety checks, where the script is checked by the tech, and also the pharmacist, that this could not happen. As a certified pharmacy tech that has worked for CVS in the past, I can assure you that this would never have happened at CVS.

I have been taking Suboxone for over 5 years, and it has been a gradual decrease in the dosage that I take, as I have been weaned from a higher dose, to the lowest dose on the market, which is the 2mcg. This has not been an easy battle for me, and if I had known the consequences of using the Fentanyl pain patch before it was prescribed to me, I would have never, ever used the patch. I was not told, nor did I realize, that it was an addictive drug, that I would have to be slowly weaned from it, and that it may take me the rest of my life of using another drug to satisfy the craving brought on by the use of fentanyl. I had been taking as little as i mcg of Suboxone, by cutting a 2 mcg strip in half, that all ended after Walgreens prescribed me the incorrect prescription of medication and gave me 4 times the prescribed amount.

I noticed during this time that I was more drowsy, sleeping more and more doped up. By the time I then noticed the discrepancy, I called Walgreens Pharmacy and asked, who made this mistake, did my physician write the wrong amount or did Walgreens give me 4 times my prescribed dose as a mistake. The pharmacist admitted that the pharmacy had made the mistake. I didn't get a were sorry, kiss my *** or anything, just yeah, it is our fault. The Dr, gave you the correct prescription for the 2 mcg. We gave you the 8 mcg.

I have spent several thousands of dollars and spent the past 5 years in a type of rehabilitation, getting myself to the point where my dosage was 1/2 of a 2 mcg Suboxone strip. Now, there are days that I have to take more than the prescribed amount because I have been set back by the incorrect amount being given to me by Walgreens.

Last week, I went to Walgreens to pick up prescriptions written by my Dr., sent in by my physician while I sat in her office.I was told by the technician at Walgreens they did not have the prescription and that they contacted my physician, and the prescription was denied. All of this was a lie, all of it. I said to the tech, Oh, you got the prescription for the Rexulti, but not the Suboxone, the two scripts that came together? Yes, she said, that right, and then we called, and your Dr denied your script. So, you called my Dr. and he refused to write me a prescription? Yes, thats right, it was denied, lies, lies lies.

I was livid, because I knew they were lying. So, I called the Consumer complaint number for Walgreens and explained my issues with the lies, the wrong prescriptions and the incompetent, inept individuals attempting to kill their customers. I was told that I would be hearing from someone in the next two days. That was 2 weeks ago, I have yet to hear from Walgreens headquarters about just how my 2mcg controlled substance script ended up being a 8mcg. Controlled substance script that was not caught by someone in the pharmacy before it reached me. Am I a pissed consumer? You bet I am. I think I could and maybe should file a lawsuit against them for their negligence and let them start paying my Dr. bills for the setback I have encountered due to their negligence. Due to their lack of concern, due to their stupidity.Due to their lies. It would be different if someone at their company had even acknowledged that the mistake was made with the Suboxone, however, they prefer to treat this incident like it didnt happen, it did, I have the evidence and I would like other consumers to know be careful when you fill a prescription at Walgreens, they might try to kill you and they wouldnt even acknowledge it or own up to it if they did. they would like to sweep it under the rug and make it all go away.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Inept
  • Liars
  • Incompetent

User's recommendation: Fill Your Prescriptions at CVS or Walmart

Jessica Hast23

Verified Reviewer

Dense, unsupervised, automatic door slamming

Walgreens - Dense, unsupervised, automatic door slamming
Walgreens is low energy, under funded and with a fading reputation compared to CVS. Shopping 4/18, employees were using a rear door to create a dense, fast, automatic door slam noise. I felt like a target and under pressure. The atmosphere was more violent and crazy then what I expected. I hope Walgreens will close its stores. The headquarters cannot afford security guards in the bad stores.

User's recommendation: Shop at CVS

Mildrey M Ahr

| map-marker Miami, Florida

Returning Scam Store 1450

Walgreens - Returning Scam Store 1450

Went to the store with merchandise perfect condition not used.Also with the receipt and after 49 minutes waiting for several store employees to proceed with my return , also asked me to look in the store for a product with the same price which I did ; Jeremy told me I cant returned the item and it is not any way to receives any refund because the time for the article to be return expired. I want to clarify that from the day I made the purchase it is lees then 45 day also they system show a message saying:System cant recognize the transaction.

I ask the attendant if I can take a screenshot of the message but he says that according to Walgreens policy that wasnt posible. I also explained to him that he was scanning a wrong item because number suppose to be the same one .what he responded next time yo check your codes before left the sotore with your orders .

User's recommendation: Be aware they have very tricky returns policy

Guest

As long as product wasn’t opened, used, had appearance of being handled or was Christmas/seasonal, they should have returned it.

Tremon Ccm

| map-marker Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Find print my rewards

Walgreens - Find print my rewards
Walgreens - Find print my rewards - Image 2
I bought 2 cushion insoles because it said I get can $5 in reward and it did not printed at the store.
Barbara R Tuq

Verified Reviewer

Walgreens application for cell phone

Your download is the most convoluted non intuitive application I have ever had to use. It takes me an excessive amount of time to negotiate any transaction and there is no where within the app that provides direction or help.

My most current headache was attempting to select to have my prescriptions delivered.

The site indicated a delivery charge for each prescription. That was nonsensical so I called the pharmacy to question. They said there would be only one delivery charge since all 3 where going to the same person and to simply make that selection in the application online.

Well, I could find nothing that mirrored this so I called the pharmacy again and was told that they really couldnt help with the application because they didnt know that much about. A store representative recommended that I call Door Dash to see if they could help me!

I ended up just proceeding with the app as is, racking up a charge for delivery of each drug.

Pros:
  • It is close to my home
Cons:
  • Not enough staff in pharmacy
  • Pharmacy disorganized
  • Frequent lack product availability

Preferred solution: Explanation on how to use their application

User's recommendation: Stay tuned. If I learn anything about using the app, I’ll let you know.

Rooney Phd

| map-marker Lake Stevens, Washington

Card credits

Walgreens - Card credits
Walgreens - Card credits - Image 2
Walgreens - Card credits - Image 3
Walgreens - Card credits - Image 4
Estoy solicitando una tarjeta de crédito porque quiero tener un buen crédito nunca e obtenido una tarjeta de crédito conmigo esto me ayudara a salir adelante en mis finanzas y me ayuda como persona para tener un buen crédito y una buena inversión y un mejor futuro para poder hacer una gran inversión para tener la mejor vida
Yprim P

| map-marker Cumming, Georgia

Dismissed Phone Customer

732421****

text

Hi,

This is a complaint about Walgreens Children's Cold, Cough & Runny Nose.

Major Problem: Can not open bottle after first time use. Can't cut open, can't hammer open, can't boil open, and multiple people tried opening it with nothing but a few drops coming out and that was with putting a screwdriver under the edge of the bottle.

Cap upper part just spins, but nothing can open the safety cap.

Next Problem: Called Questions or comments number at 186******** which the csr instructed me to go back to the store I bought it from. I had already explained I bought it a month ago, with only one usage done and now it want open.

I have never bought any cough medicine from Walgreens and I never will. Walgreens got my almost $9 for 4 oz of meds this time, but they will never again it. The worse part was the csr didn't care at all.

That attitude of, just go back to the store was foil. I had to ask him if there was an email address to send my complaint about the product.

Gulam K Tzs

His 201680****

Bridget C Veq

| map-marker New Orleans, Louisiana

The worst customer service

I have been a customer for over 10 years at the Walgreens on Clearview and Airline. Through these years I have had some of the worse customer service Ive ever experienced. I am not sure why or how Ive stayed this long. The drive thru service was one of the main reasons I believe Ive stayed but now half the time that is not open and I have to come in the store. Between the rude workers and medicine not being ready when promised I have had enough. I will be pulling all my medicine and bring my business elsewhere.

User's recommendation: Do not use Walgreens! Go to a different pharmacy!

Boe Rwv
map-marker Salt Lake City, Utah

Horrible experience

Walgreens - Horrible experience
Walgreens - Horrible experience - Image 2
Walgreens - Horrible experience - Image 3

I am have had the worst experience with the Riverton utah Walgreens than I have ever had. They are so incompetent and rude.

Especially vikki. I cant believe they handled my situation the way they did.

They told me my RX could not be filled until the next day. The next day I called they told me they couldnt fill it until the next day. Again.

I talked to a guy and we finally figured it out. This was at 11:15 am. Then I received a text at 11:31 saying my RX was ready. Omg

I didnt have a ride by this ring to go get it.

My mom went at 2 today to get my RX abs they told her it was not ready. What?? They ahead knew I have been waiting for this RX but they decided to wait until 2 to start on it. Who is running this circus?

I dont think anyone there could add 2+2 and get 4 with the way they handled this issue.

Doing so there. This of one huge reason why I stopped having my RX sent to them.

This is not the 1st time they have needed things up.

Save yourself the headache. Trust me.

Dont ask for Vikki either, she is not professional at all.

User's recommendation: Never waste your time

| map-marker Victoria, Texas

My visit at Walgreens

My visit at Walgreens
Miss. Ester Briseño is always very helpful and she is very friendly. Thank you for all the great sales we find on vitamins. My son-in-law loves the ice cream, my grandchild love toys, and us older one love the sale on all medical helpful items and prescriptions.

User's recommendation: Always ask questions Walgreens employees are very helpful.

Dan M Hoc

| map-marker Austin, Texas

Extraordinarily poor customer service

Original review Jan 24, 2024

Clicked online for prescription renewal. at the 6200 W.

William Cannon Dr. store, then called requesting two-day free delivery as that option was not available on the website. (This is probably because delivery cuts into their profits and they care more about this than they do about customer service.) Kept getting emails telling me to pick up from the store. Called this morning and was told that the store had called me requesting confirmation of the delivery to my house option.

The only message from Walgreens on my phone gave the hours the store was open for pickup. When I called to find out what was going on the Walgreens employee kept telling me that this was my fault for not having responded to their call and confirming that I wanted delivery. There was no apology, or even hint thereof, for the confusion. The original call I made requesting delivery should have been sufficient.

How many times do I have to confirm my own instructions and why do I have to do so? The only excuse the employee I talked to could offer is that the person I gave the delivery instructions to may have "gone home". Unless the employees are sleeping at the store, I assume that they go home every day, not that this would have been a sufficient reason for not having followed through on my original delivery instructions.

Walgreens is getting emeshed in its own automation maze and not hiring employees who understand what customer service is or should be. Sigh .

. .

User's recommendation: Comp[ain about poor customer service. Praise good custo0mer service. Don't just take it.

Micheal L Qqk
map-marker Hesperia, California

My money wasn't on the card just 150

Make sure everyone keeps their receipts when loading a card or take a picture of it.for your on record.So if they do anything wrong with your money you would have the proof .
Kishie J
map-marker Conroe, Texas

Bad Experience at Walgreens

On 1/26/24 at 7:35 pm, I went to Walgreens at 3901 E. Davis St, Conroe TX to pick up my prescriptions.

I inquired about my Valsartan prescription, which is my blood pressure medication. The pharmacy rep told me it was at another location, I asked the rep to transfer the medication to their location and I will be back on 1/27/24 to pick the medication up. The pharmacy rep assured me that she did this and the medication would be ready on 1/27/24. On 1/27/24 I called the Walgreens listed above to see if the medication was ready.

I was placed on hold several times, it took them at least 15 minutes to come back to the phone. When someone finally came back to the phone it was a Hispanic male. I asked about my prescription he told me he did not see the medication then he told me it was at another store. When I told him that the pharmacy rep should have transferred the medication over he began to be nasty, rude, dismissive and condescending saying, anyway do you want me to help you, do you need assistance and thats beside the point.

At this point I became very frustrated, who says this to a customer when your store is in the wrong? I asked for his name he refused to give me his name. I asked for the manager I was told the manager was not there. I asked him who is in charge he refused to give me the information.

I called the store back and asked for the manager, I was told that there was no manager on duty only a team lead. I asked to speak with the team lead. I spoke with Isaiah, the team lead, when he got on the phone, he did not make the situation better he immediately defended the Hispanic male pharmacy rep. He started being rude, nasty and dismissive as well.

He was condoning his unprofessional behavior. This behavior is unacceptable and should not be allowed.

This Walgreens location is poorly managed, they are very unorganized, you are always on hold for long periods of time, the customer service is the worst I have ever experienced and the pharmacy personnel is very rude and unprofessional. I would not recommend this location to my worst enemy.

Cons:
  • There is nothing positive to say about walgreens

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Do not get your prescriptions filled here. Go to a location who provides quality customer service and know how to do their jobs.

Guest

When the Hispanic male said it wasn’t there, you wanted to go on and on about something someone else didn’t do. That’s what was beside the point.

You can tell him to do what you need right now to get your med or you can stay on that hill you chose and die.

No matter how right you are, and you are, he needs to transfer the med over. Not listen to your mouth about something he knows nothing about.

map-marker New York, New York

Anti Theft Inconvenience

All the added anti theft measures such as the locked doors that customers cannot open, only associates, make what could be a quick and pleasant Walgreens run into a 20 min wait just for one of the few people working in the stores to be able to attend to all the people waiting in aisles all over the store. i feel bad for the employees because they are so clearly understaffed and working so hard. its also super unpleasant to hear that robotic voice reminding everyone loudly about which department to go to. At this point, Ill just order what I need somewhere else.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article