92 views
Verified Reviewer

I just left the Kerrville, ATX location. I had received a $7 reward a few days ago at the Uvalde, Tx Walgreens and the clerk there verbally said “here’s a reward coupon for you to use on your next purchase.” Thinking I would get to use it today, I stopped by and spent $117.01, well over the req min purchase of $25.

The clerk then tells me “no, I don’t know why they do this, but you can’t use it until your next purchase.” Excuse me what? This is my next purchase after having received it. I then paid the entire bill and she handed me a brand new $7 reward coupon which I’m assuming I won’t be able to use either. It is incredibly misleading and a scam to give these out when you refuse to use them.

I then asked her if it was written on there that says I can’t use it and she replied no. I then asked them why wouldn’t I be able to apply today? She said the system won’t allow it.

I do believe I’ll be going to a big box store to or H‑E‑B from now on where they are much more honest and transparent. What a freakin scam!

User's recommendation: DON’T SHOP AT WALGREENS.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Walgreens Cons: Communication, Overcharged, Did not fix the problem, Refuses to apply reward coupons.

Location: 628 Jefferson Street, Kerrville, TX 78028

Comments

#1931782

What a terrible experience. I don’t work for Walgreens, but am a pharmacist at another chain store.

It takes 10 seconds to take your coupon off your purchase! How sad they could not accommodate you!

#1929464

I work at Walgreens and that is not true. You should have been able to use it on your next purchase. I would call in an actual complaint on that person so it doesn't happen again (hopefully).