Phoenix, Arizona

I purchased a 30 day supply of Clopidogrel 75mg from Walgreens for $165.09. 30 days later, at refill time and after shopping around I found that Walmart and Kroger were both under $40 for a 30 day supply.

Both these retailers offered coupons that reduced the price to under $15.00. When confronted Walgreens said that the price would not change and they were not apologetic about the price. You choose where you want to shop but I suggest that you shop around before filling a prescription. One would expect some price differences between retailers but this amounts to a 400% difference.

I, for one, am shocked by this. This $125 will not make Walgreens or break me, however If you count how much I would have spent over the remainder of my life and deduct that from Walgreens bottom line I hope they feel the effect.

Comments

Kokomo, Indiana, United States #829915

You have to understand that you pay for the convenience. Walgreens makes most of its money from the pbarmacy.

Walmart makes most of its money from the store, so they can afford to give discounts. Walgreens does offer a discount card butit's 20 buks to sign up but would have made Ur price much cheaper